New to Windows Phone !! Loving it so far ....

iamthestig01

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, A big Hello from a Windows Phone Virgin !! I have upgraded to a Lumia 930 and am loving the phone !! ( All tho the advice given to me in the o2 shop advised me to stay away from Windows Phone) Glad I never listened to their patter, Wish I had got a Windows phone years ago, came over from Android and have had a Apple iPhone before. Love the interface Windows gives, and the fact everything is shared across devices. So hello everyone and maybe see you on the forum soon ...... Cheers

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome!

Now who is this member?
Some say he uses an iPhone with Windows Phone 7.
Some say he can type "War and Peace" in 30 minutes using only his pinkie.

But all we know, is that he's called the Stig.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Welcome!

Now who is this member?
Some say he uses an iPhone with Windows Phone 7.
Some say he can type "War and Peace" in 30 minutes using only his pinkie.

But all we know, is that he's called the Stig.

Lol. I actually typed "War and Peace" using my pinkie to see how long it takes (without using word flow).

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
the advice given to me in the o2 shop advised me to stay away from Windows Phone

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Windows Phone!

I've never encountered this in my local O2 store. Nor in the Carphone Warehouse, Three, or EE. They were all happy to sell me whatever I asked for. And all (except CPW) have prominent displays of Lumias, which is great to see.

Maybe I live in a Windows Phone hotspot!

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Welcome abroad. Glad to see that you love the WP and didn't listen to them. I am sure you will have a great time with your new Lumia 930.

Ps Dont be shy and if you need anything write a thread.

Didier3001

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, A big Hello from a Windows Phone Virgin !! I have upgraded to a Lumia 930 and am loving the phone !! ( All tho the advice given to me in the o2 shop advised me to stay away from Windows Phone) Glad I never listened to their patter, Wish I had got a Windows phone years ago, came over from Android and have had a Apple iPhone before. Love the interface Windows gives, and the fact everything is shared across devices. So hello everyone and maybe see you on the forum soon ...... Cheers
Welcome. Hope you will enjoy it as much as me. Enjoy pictures quality and all the Microsoft and Nokia app

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the land of Windows Phone. This is the reason I do all research online and not ask in stores as some advisors don't know what they are talking about.
​I know Windows Phone is not for everyone, but I can speak for the majority of users that its a great OS.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to our side of the world Stig! I am very happy you didn't listen when they told you to avoid our platform. We have some growing to do, but we are growing, because everyday we get to meet a new WP owner.

Proud and glad to have you here :)

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard to Windows central. Glad you joined the window's OS I like yourself had the very same problem when deciding whether to go with Windows or iPhone the sales people did all they could to stair me away from Windows phone and after 5 years I've never looked back.. Good luck

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you forged ahead and got what you wanted. And the 930 is quite a lot of phone.

Welcome to the best site to support your new interest.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
One of my friends used to work in a shop, and she said the phone companies incentivized her to sell specific phones by giving them money, bonuses or TVs if they made their quota. So the best phone of the month depended on what she wanted to get extra.

I'm waiting for my 930 tomorrow.... Damn... I don't know if I'll be able to sleep! So many happy people with their 930s! Makes me jealous.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central! We're happy to have you on board! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions at all... We're here to help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen