New XBox Music App - Can create playlists like normal create playlists!

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, most people I've seen comment on the issue have stated the same as me. That music downloaded through the Xbox Music app is stored within the apps internal storage, which explains why it doesn't show up anywhere. The other poster above is the first and only I've seen state that the music downloaded through the Xbox Music app is stored on the SD card. With that in mind, I don't think a reinstall is going to change that.

Hopefully they get everything sorted out with the Xbox Music app soon.

You know. I think maybe I have an idea. Maybe you're having issues BECAUSE you have a SD card with music on it from the Music + Video hub?

Maybe the app can't read the SD card because it can only look internal and the Hub is set to save stuff on the SD card so it doesn't look internal?

I have a 928 with only internal storage so that's why it works smooth as can be?

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
You know. I think maybe I have an idea. Maybe you're having issues BECAUSE you have a SD card with music on it from the Music + Video hub?

Maybe the app can't read the SD card because it can only look internal and the Hub is set to save stuff on the SD card so it doesn't look internal?

I have a 928 with only internal storage so that's why it works smooth as can be?

Well, I'm not sure exactly what is causing the issue, but in regards to the SD card, the Xbox Music app was able to read all of my previously downloaded music from the regular store that is on my SD card and it continues to scan and add any additional songs that I download from the regular store, so the Xbox Music app can read from the SD card, it just can't download new music to it.

Edit: I do believe you are correct, though, about why the Music + Video Hub (and everything else) can't find the music downloaded through the Xbox Music app.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i can't get playlists to sync at all... not sure what the problem is.

tried uninstalling and reinstalling on PC and phone side, but the playlists i have on my PC just won't show up. I didn't have this problem with the integrated app.

oh well :(

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Waking this thread from the dead.

So the Xbox Music app in WP8.1 is literally just the ****ty app we got back in December - with this "playlist" function we got back then being the only saving grace.

Microsoft get on the ball here. This is embarrassingly bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire