New Xbox One Games coming to E3 2014!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It's whatever, but you elected to put words in my mouth, and I didn't care for it. I said that I personally didn't see where they could go with game types, and you said that my statement was that nothing can change. It's a "follow the leader" type of game, and it's hard to change without changing the leader. Unless they want to make it the super-obscure indie music game, where they can have trumpets and stuff, there's simply a limit to what you can do with "play along with the guitar." The only thing they haven't really shot for is making the real-life play-along the main objective--it was secondary in RB3. On that front, Rocksmith seemed to have it covered.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Guys, please keep this on topic and respect each other's opinions even if you don't agree with them.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The could put an IR transmitter into the guitar so the kinect could read it. It could do things like activate star power, incorporate your movement into your avatar on screen. IE if you did a spin with the guitar, your guy on screen would, or if you jumped etc.

Developers are creative people, they can make something out of nothing. Yes, its going to be hard to change the core gameplay, but why would they? Don't fix what's not broken. Can you name a franchise that changed its core gameplay? No, because they don't do that. If they were goign to change the core gameplay they would release it as a new IP.

I was in no way putting words in your mouth, I just worded what you said a different way. I guess i should have said "i love how TO YOU i cant think of anything = nothing can be done" You have to realize that your my favorite person on here, Us fellow Illinoisans need to stay together. Even if you dont like The Beatles :p

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
As I said, that's still putting words in my mouth. I said I didn't see where change could be meaningfully implemented, and you're saying I'm equating that to a lack of potential change, which isn't the case. The only reason I could see a new Rock Band come out is to move the digital store to the next-gen and try to milk it some more (toss-up as to whether they'd let you carry tracks over, though I imagine not).

But I'm wondering where the Xbox One version of RBI Baseball is. It says it was a Spring release, but nothing's been said since the previous-gen got announced. I imagine that we're going to see the next sports game iterations at E3, and it's going to give EA their one chance to win me back, and that's MVP Baseball If they announce that they're making an Xbox baseball game, they'll get my money. Whoever makes a semi-sim baseball game will get my money.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I still dont know if im going xbone or PC for this one. I guess ill have to see how many of my friends get it for PC vs xbone.

If you have a powerful PC, you should get Watchdogs on PC. It has the ability to run on 4K. And the console versions only run at 30FPS...

Sent from my Xbox One using Tapatalk

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
As I said, that's still putting words in my mouth. I said I didn't see where change could be meaningfully implemented, and you're saying I'm equating that to a lack of potential change, which isn't the case. The only reason I could see a new Rock Band come out is to move the digital store to the next-gen and try to milk it some more (toss-up as to whether they'd let you carry tracks over, though I imagine not).

But I'm wondering where the Xbox One version of RBI Baseball is. It says it was a Spring release, but nothing's been said since the previous-gen got announced. I imagine that we're going to see the next sports game iterations at E3, and it's going to give EA their one chance to win me back, and that's MVP Baseball If they announce that they're making an Xbox baseball game, they'll get my money. Whoever makes a semi-sim baseball game will get my money.

Sorry, but RBI baseball looks like crap, IMO.

But if you watch the YT video for it on PS's channel, you can see the buttons are Xbox buttons. LOL!

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
If you have a powerful PC, you should get Watchdogs on PC. It has the ability to run on 4K. And the console versions only run at 30FPS...

For me it's more about being able to play with friends. I have about 5 friends with good PC's (not sure if they are even getting the game). I have 1 friend with an Xbone, who im thinking will get the game. He's one of the ones with a good PC too so we will have to discuss.

I'm also curious if there will be smartglass features on the xbone version. If they are interactive and not on the PC, that will make my decision easy.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but RBI baseball looks like crap, IMO.

But if you watch the YT video for it on PS's channel, you can see the buttons are Xbox buttons. LOL!

It's a $20 game, I'm not expecting $60 quality. I mean, I'm baffled by the idea that people want to spend $460 just to play The Show, which people ACTUALLY say they will do (buy a PS4 just for that game). $20 for a low-end baseball game is acceptable.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
For me it's more about being able to play with friends. I have about 5 friends with good PC's (not sure if they are even getting the game). I have 1 friend with an Xbone, who im thinking will get the game. He's one of the ones with a good PC too so we will have to discuss.

I'm also curious if there will be smartglass features on the xbone version. If they are interactive and not on the PC, that will make my decision easy.

Agreed. I'm not going to go get a new video card or an aftermarket cooler to overclock my CPU to get things into 4K on my 720p TV that I don't have issues with graphically. I'd rather get it on Xbox, where I have friends to play with, I don't have to touch that UPlay, asininity, and I don't have to get a new controller for my PC to enjoy.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I think they are making a Watchdogs app, and won't be part of Smartglass.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
It's a $20 game, I'm not expecting $60 quality. I mean, I'm baffled by the idea that people want to spend $460 just to play The Show, which people ACTUALLY say they will do (buy a PS4 just for that game). $20 for a low-end baseball game is acceptable.

The Show was ONE of the reasons why I got the PS4. Not the only reason. :)

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
But but, my controller and sofa are much more comfortable!

If I had a powerful gaming PC, I would pretty much get all of these cross platform games on PC. I prefer performance and better looks. Only 30FPS for Watchdogs, even on the new consoles, is sad. If it is 30FPS on the new consoles, what do the old consoles run at?

Performance and looks, PC wins by far. That being said, I still am a console gamer. I don't always need games to run at 500FPS (over exaggerating).

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but I have a friend online who's talking about just wanting a PlayStation for The Show.

Well I got the PS4 for The Show, but I'm going to buy it either every new one or one every two new ones.

I also got the PS4 for the superior performance, and exclusives. But I love both consoles, and can't wait to see what is at E3 this year, and beyond!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)