Night light turning itself on and off randomly, can't control it in the settings, driving me insane

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

What device you are using?
- Brand new X1 carbon 7th gen. Literally 4 days old and worked fine until yesterday when the night light started turning on by itself about 5 seconds after I logged in and there's no way to turn it off.

What OS or Firmware is your device running on?
- Windows 10 Pro version 1903

What steps have you taken already to try to fix the issue?
- I tried turning it on and off, rebooting the laptop multiple times, I tried signing in and out of my windows profile and even deleting the night light folders in the registry. I tried to reset the screen by pressing ctrl+shift+windows key+b multiple times. Nothing fixed it.

If the issues are with a certain app, what version of the app are you running?
-None, the screen gets warmer as if you're using a blue light filter about 5 seconds after I log in.

Are there any specific error messages you get? If so, what are they?
- I don't get any, it's just driving me insane when it turns on automatically and I can't turn it off it the settings.

Please help me, any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to help me out with this, I genuinely appreciate it!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Did some quick research and it appears to be a common problem for some users.

This seems to be the fix but I'll also put the link in from the thread I found it on as there are other options.

Open Lenovo Vantage > Hardware Settings > Audio/Visual.

In there you'll be presented with a feature called Eye Care Mode.

Then you can either drag the Color Temperature slider all the way to the right, or you can click the Reset button under the Automatic Eye Care Mode switch.

If there's no Lenovo Vantage present, try looking for it in Lenovo Settings. It should have quite a similar interface.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...xx/Night-light-turns-on-randomly/td-p/4421564

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos