No Glance screen in Denim

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is a Denim change or a phone limitation, Glance beta is not available

I have a new Lumia 735 running Denim out if the box and updated to DP, Glance is not available in the store anywhere and is not an option in settings. I managed to find and install it via windows central review but when I try to run it a message appears not available for this device ??

Any thoughts !

Tbh my 720 is in for a fix at the moment, all In all its a better phone, the 735 running denim and missing a dedicated camera button is really proving to be a backward step

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes it is not available for your phone. Your phone does not have the needed hardware to support this function. That's why there is no setting and that's why you get the message if you try to download it.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Any idea what's missing then ?? The 735 has better processing, more memory and tap to wake, its running Denim as stock and is a middle of the road device ... Is this not a WTF moment !

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes it has actual nothing to do with "spec" because the 930 also does not have it. The reason is the display. It made without "display memory" technology. And because it's made without it it can not use a "low energy" displaying. So that is why glance is not available.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Have to agree, I'm hanging on to my L720 at least for the moment

Yup thus 735 is destined for a drawer once my trusty 2 yr old 720 returns, overall the 720 is a better device even with lower specs, maybe the 735 will be my wp10 test rig IF its allowed to run 10.. Who knows !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers