No "Hey Cortana" on W10 mobile

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Andy, just unsure whether to expect it or not. Pretty sure I had it 'at some point', but never since 10 Tech Preview.

Pretty sure you don't, 'Hey Cortana' is available only on devices with the SD 800 (Passive-voice listening technology) or higher, like the 930 or Icon or the 1520.

guzzigeezer

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: No "Hey Cortana" on W10 mobile (or anything else that works properly)

My 930 has latest fast track build (as of 25/11/15) and I've owned it for over a year.
Clicking "Hey Cortana" in Extras menu just results with "feature not available for your device" - Cortana works from search button
I am so p***ed with MS. Every time that they fix one thing something else breaks.
Now that MIX Radio has been taken off the store I'm double p***ed.
Should have learnt my lesson with windows 7 phone - that was obsolete before I got home from the shop.
I've really enjoyed having paid ?450 to be a MS lab rat. Never again. I hate Apple and dislike Android so going to buy a phone - that just/only makes phone calls! (Oh wait! I've already got one, it's called a Lumia 930):angry:

jocal69

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If you have the 1520 or 930/Icon, there is Hey Cortana glitch in Windows 10 for some. Go to hey Cortana settings and clear training. Then go to Cortana settings and change Cortana language to English Uk (if in uk, try English Us). Save and restart phone. After restart, go back into setting and switch it back to correct language. Restart phone. Go into Hey Cortana and train, and you should be up and running!

Jocal

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: No "Hey Cortana" on W10 mobile (or anything else that works properly)

My 930 has latest fast track build (as of 25/11/15) and I've owned it for over a year.
Clicking "Hey Cortana" in Extras menu just results with "feature not available for your device" - Cortana works from search button

Make sure you have the most recent updates and refreshes. What you reported happened to me briefly as well. For a few of the builds Hey Cortana didn't appear in Extras, then it appeared but my voice wasn't recognized. Then on the build next to the last I got the message that it wasn't available for my device. However with the last build, since last week, Hey Cortana has showed up and best of all, works very well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963