No Messaging App on 10536???

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I have no stock messaging app on this build. It is missing completely. I cant send or receive text messages. I checked the store no updates. If I cant resolve this I will definitely have to back to 8.1.

Anyone have the same problem or offer a fix?

Lumia Icon, 10536

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I have no stock messaging app on this build. It is missing completely. I cant send or receive text messages. I checked the store no updates. If I cant resolve this I will definitely have to back to 8.1.

Anyone have the same problem or offer a fix?

Lumia Icon, 10536
Use the messaging skype beta app as that is what's being used to replace the messaging app as it combines that and skype into one app.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
huh? how do I even set that up? I don't see skype messaging app beta. Do I have to download that? I logged into skype but no text messages are even coming through into my phone.

And am all the only one who has this problem and is it a common thing across the build, I'm sure I would have heard about it, if it was. Plus gabe did not mention it in the blog post that this is a issue. Your response is like this is some known, common bug or something.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I still have the Messaging app on my 1520. I'm not sure this build would have gone out without such a key piece of functionality.

Tried a hard reset or going back to 8.1?

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine was missing too, I got it back by just googling windows 10 mobile messaging app download and found a link on the second or third page , it was on wmpu site talking about the app being updated again

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Mine was missing too on my lumia 730. But using skype messaging beta instead. Without messaging I cant even login to gmail account because of two step verification:unhappysweat:. Is there any way around to get it back....??

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Same here, no stock Messaging app on my Lumia 635 after update (Build 10512 -> update to 10536 -> hard reset). I attributed it to not having a SIM card in the phone, but maybe that wasn't related at all.

I also can't get the links here to the Skype Messaging Beta to work either. It tells me on the page "To use this app, upgrade to Windows 10.", but I don't see any way to select which phone to use (I have 3 on the account - one WP 8.1, one W10M and one WP7).

inferno434

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I was missing the messaging app, both times I've loaded 10536 on my 1520. Thanks for the link to the app on the store. Submitted feedback, that's what these builds are for! Squish those bugs MS!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte