No notifications after black update

Shivam Chandel

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Last Sunday I updated ma l625 to black, since then all the apps I installed after that are not showing any notification or live tile count. Although the apps I anstalled before updates are showing notifications. Please help.

Iridian

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem on my WP8 Lumia 920. The problem seems to have appeared after the Black update. Before that I always got update notifications. I had a chat conversation with Microsoft support and they advised me to take these steps:
1) Clear browser history and restart your phone (that might solve it; if not take step 2)
2) Change all of the region settings to another region. You'll be asked to restart your phone. After restarting change the region settings back and restart again. According to the MS helpdesk that might solve the problem immediately or after a while when a new update becomes available. The region changing should invoke a reload of the part of the software on the phone that checks for updates. If this step doesn't solve the problem after some time you're left with option 3.
3) Do a factory reset.

I just did step 2 and hope that will make automatic update notifications work again after a while. If it won't work then I'll have to do the factory reset.

Iridian

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
It didn't work for me. I never tried the factory reset though.

I also tried another thing: changing the date and time settings, restarting, and setting the date time to the correct date time again. I don't have these settings on automatic. Changing date and time didn't work either.

However, today the clock was set to summer time (this always happens automatic, even when the date/ time settings are not on automatic). Somehow this event triggered updates again :D

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb