no refund off Argos

westentertainer

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
argos would not refund for my 950 xl that was delivered when i had already purchased off CPW .they said the manufacture would contact me ,

surely this can't be correct

Jason Siva

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like the person who dealt with your refund wasn't bothered. Normally they'd take it back if it's under the return day policy. They would have mentioned if it was something you couldn't return for a full refund

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Distance selling regulations in UK say your right to cancel an order continue from the moment you order until 7 days after you receive the item. So therefore Argos, as the seller, are obligated to allow you to cancel for full refund.

Your right to cancel an order
The Distance Selling Regulations state that your right to cancel an order starts the moment you place your order and doesn’t end until seven working days from the day after you receive your goods.
This is the minimum consumers must be given and many sellers choose to exceed this, so always check the terms and conditions in case you have longer to return your items.
As this seven-day working period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, by law the seller can’t say that you must have returned the goods within this time frame.
Confirmation of your cancellation should be sent by email, letter or fax.

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Still waiting for the supplier to contact me to pick up my cancelled order that was delivered... On the phone again (6th time now) to Argos to chase it up... Let's see if I get told to call the supplier directly again..

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
so you are having problems to ?

No end of problems. Got through to someone else. They are going to contact the supplier directly and give me a call back in 10-15 minutes. We'll see if that happens!!! Considering the suppliers phone lines apparently close at 5pm and don't work weekends (according to previous phone calls)

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
My refund is "Pending" until the supplier collects up my order. They were meant to contact me for collection but haven't yet. I wonder if it is another email that they conveniently "didn't pick up".

I have a ?5 off voucher if anybody wants it?? Won't be ordering from Argos again that's for sure!

Once bitten twice shy.

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I may resort to phoning my credit card company and forcing them to issue a refund. That'll get Argos' butt in gear.

I'd suggest phoning up again, you'll likely get someone else who might be more useful...

Still no call back from Argos. What a surprise!!

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I cancelled my order by phone on Wednesday, just got a text
Hello, this is an important message from Argos. Microsoft have regrettably advised that, following some unexpected software issues, the release of the Microsoft Lumia will be slightly delayed. You will now receive you order no later than 18/12 and you will be notified once your order has been despatched. Apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience

Tried ringing them, but they don't recognise the order so get told they are busy and I will have to call back... At least they don't keep saying my call is important they just drop it to show how important it is to them.

So I have cancelled again via their contact form.

I may end up having to send them a registered letter ;) how very 21st Century.

rickt1

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I cancelled my order by phone on Wednesday, just got a text

Tried ringing them, but they don't recognise the order so get told they are busy and I will have to call back... At least they don't keep saying my call is important they just drop it to show how important it is to them.

So I have cancelled again via their contact form.

I may end up having to send them a registered letter ;) how very 21st Century.
Also cancelled on Wednesday and just received the same text. I never received a cancellation email but wasn?t worried before.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't allow yourself to be fobbed off with the supplier. It's Argos where you bought it and it's Argos who you are legally entitled to a refund from.

Even their website says
You can cancel anytime from placing your order up to the end of a period 14 days after you take possession of the goods (or in the case of a multiple order, the last part of the order).
Please take reasonable care of the goods, we are entitled to deduct an amount from the refund to reflect any loss in value of the goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling of the goods by you.
Please make it clear when you cancel that you are cancelling under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations.

Source - Argos.co.uk Returns and Refunds

Make sure you are following the relevant procedure to return it at that link

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb