No wi-fi: "can't do this right now"

P a u l

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I 'upgraded' my nokia 820 developer phone to 8.1 today. I no longer have wi-fi. All it does when I try to enable it is show "can't do this right now...Try again in a little while. If the problem continues..". Well it's bricked. I can no longer use the phone.

Note: I do not have a provider, I do not have a sim card. I have been using the 820 and wp 8 for months very productively. And now this. Seems the next step is the trash bin for it, unless someone knows how to fix this.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Try a soft reset first (volume down and power button for 10 seconds), see if that works. If not, something might have gotten corrupted and it needs a hard reset (in the about area of settings), sometimes it happens. Good luck!

P a u l

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. I had to do the hard reset and had to reenter all my setup info. I have wi-fi now but I lost all my data: pictures, email contacts, app data (hiking history), etc. I think this is a serious bug in the upgrade process. Have lost faith in the product going forward.

Tachibana_san

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I have hard reset my phone 5 times and I can't still turn on Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is my life, I also can't turn on internet sharing and Bluetooth is grayed out. Hope Microsoft will do something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb