!!! Nokia 925 has failed AGAIN! Microphone problem !!! Can i ask for a replacement?

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi user, as much as I do love the Nokia 925, one thing is really annoying.

Today, the microphone for the Speaker phone is not working suddenly. Cortana will NOT able to pick up whatever I say unless I use a headset with Microphone. I tried Skype testing call and verified that the microphone for the speaker phone is DEAD.

Few days ago I realise the headphone jack (or software issue) has some problem already. It can't detect that my headphone is plugged in even if it has been physically firmly plugged in.

Why am I so angry? Because 4 months ago? I had the same problem after getting the DP8.1. So they replaces another 925 for me without a fix to the original phone. Now I have been using the Lumia Cyan firmware for 2 months and then this problem happened again suddenly.

Seriously there must be physically design fault within 925. I know they could replace a new one, but hey. How many times should I keep replacing this again and again?

I dont buy a phone just to replace it again and again and again. It's like a time bomb!

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
It indeed seems to be a design flaw in the Lumia 925. I don't know if this is caused because of a bad microphone or because of a software driver killing the mic. Since I had the same problem, I have also sent my phone in for repair a few days ago.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I dunno, ASK!

I grew up so long ago I could solder a tube radio kit together. Back then, everything failed a lot. Cars, electronics, whatever.

Yes, it's horribly frustrating that our expensive (and delicate) devices produced by the millions often don't perform as expected. And unlike the old day when you would take all the vacuum tubes out of your radio, put them in a "tube tester" at Walgreens, nothing is repairable today.

I feel your pain.

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
this is stupid. Suddnely after one day. it works again. I have never seen this problem (microphone for the speaker phone not working) and then it heals itself again.

I dare not to plug in the headphone now. I am just afraid it will have problem again....

Tsvetan Ganev

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I had similar problem with my Nokia Lumia 630 on day one. I made some Skype and Viber calls and everything worked fine. However, when I made my first GSM call, the other side couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear them as well. I tested the mic with Skype and Viber again, just to see if it failed, but surprisingly it worked just fine. I made a factory reset and then the problem disappeared, which means that this is more of a software issue.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I dont know I am not using cortana but I do know that my microphone quality is very good, even better then my friends smartphones. When I send voice message via messenger they always tells me that the audio quality is awesome, one of them got iphone and the other one android device so I would say that the microphone is better than the competition.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
ArcticArrow, I have the same issue since I upgraded to Cyan. Have you been able to solve this problem? I found many online having this issue, but no one posted a solution...

Hi user, as much as I do love the Nokia 925, one thing is really annoying.

Today, the microphone for the Speaker phone is not working suddenly. Cortana will NOT able to pick up whatever I say unless I use a headset with Microphone. I tried Skype testing call and verified that the microphone for the speaker phone is DEAD.

Few days ago I realise the headphone jack (or software issue) has some problem already. It can't detect that my headphone is plugged in even if it has been physically firmly plugged in.

Why am I so angry? Because 4 months ago? I had the same problem after getting the DP8.1. So they replaces another 925 for me without a fix to the original phone. Now I have been using the Lumia Cyan firmware for 2 months and then this problem happened again suddenly.

Seriously there must be physically design fault within 925. I know they could replace a new one, but hey. How many times should I keep replacing this again and again?

I dont buy a phone just to replace it again and again and again. It's like a time bomb!

Meier538

May 28, 2014
Visit site
hey im having this same issues with my 925, I recently update my phone for the dp update that came out last week and my speaker mic doesn't work. did your mic just started working without doing anything in particular?

Meier538

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello, thank you for your reply, but I would have to disagree with you on that, I have aways been in the DP program and this is the first bug that I have encounter while using DP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99