Nokia and Microsoft really f-ing blew it.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, technically, only the black Rogers unit is available right now, so they were tellin' the truth. :D
And Rogers is not likely to get more colours in the near future, maybe 3 months or so... it took them 5 months to get the cyan L900
ATM they only have the 8X in blue... That carrier is never taking risks

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
The real launch date:
I actually think the limited stock was on purpose. I believe they wanted to gauge the amount of interest the phones would get and get reports of it being sold out every where to build some hype. It just seems odd that they are getting more stock in time for black Friday. Were they holding back? I bet the most popular cyan will be in stock Thursday night. Just in time. I don't think its Nokia slow production either since they started building these phones months ago. Some in the states think hurricane Sandy slowed delivery but Sandy was in the Northeast and isn't the Lumia being built in Argentina which would mean the ship would come in from Houston or somewhere else in the south?

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
MS is making mistakes. They were not finished with WP8 as noted by the lack of a message center like android or ios. It was reported that they just ran out of time. To me that says we were not done. The miscues with video and music syncing show they ran out of time and not done with the OS. I'm expecting a dot 2 update coming by CES time. Then a dot 5 upgrade coming in June

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
My friend has a gift card from amazon and wanted to order a red or cyan 920. You can't even order them anymore, only white and black. He said he will probably wait until friday and order a gs3 if it's still not available. This is a big problem.

Let me get this straight: if your friend can't get a cyan or red 920 by Friday, he'll order a GS3 instead - which has never come in either cyan or red.

Your friend is an idiot.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Cuz waiting a little bit is too hard...... way too hard... not.
When Your rocking an Atrix with a cracked screen, yes, yes it is. Not everybody is wp8 or die like on this site. If someone is paying for a data plan and can barely see the screen how can you tell them with a straight face to wait another month.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
When Your rocking an Atrix with a cracked screen, yes, yes it is. Not everybody is wp8 or die like on this site. If someone is paying for a data plan and can barely see the screen how can you tell them with a straight face to wait another month.
Another month? maybe a week or so, but it's really unlikely that it will be out of stock for a whole month...

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Another month? maybe a week or so, but it's really unlikely that it will be out of stock for a whole month...
So he's going to sit and wait for a phone that doesn't even have an option to preorder and then when it finally does he will probably have to wait another 1-2 weeks? This guy is an average user. He wants a smartphone that is either red or blue. The gs3 is the only one he can get in blue. He could care less about the operating system as long as it's a nice phone.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
So he's going to sit and wait for a phone that doesn't even have an option to preorder and then when it finally does he will probably have to wait another 1-2 weeks? This guy is an average user. He wants a smartphone that is either red or blue. The gs3 is the only one he can get in blue. He could care less about the operating system as long as it's a nice phone.

What we are trying to say is that if you really want something then waiting a week or so is not a big deal... some people have been waiting for a whole month for their iPhone 5, sure they complained, but now they are happy customers...

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Everyone miscalculates demand; it's a shot-in-the-dark for new product releases. iPhones and iPads sell out within hours of release because demand was miscalculated.

Personally, I'd much rather see WP8 devices out-of-stock and on backorder than sitting around in warehouses unsold.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I didn't see this thread has 5 pages, I only read to the bottom of page 1 before I replied. If my comment above makes no sense or has been discussed to death... just ignore it. :)

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Everyone miscalculates demand; it's a shot-in-the-dark for new product releases. iPhones and iPads sell out within hours of release because demand was miscalculated.

Personally, I'd much rather see WP8 devices out-of-stock and on backorder than sitting around in warehouses unsold.

False... Apple creates the buzz by having a shortage and by making people line-up in front of their stores... The iPhone 5 was a little cheaper with a contract than the 4s at launch here in Canada, result? Line up.
Produces just enough phone to get the majority happy and create a shortage to be in the news and have people talking about how the iPhone must be so great to be sold out already.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Dwight? Dwight Schrute?

Produces just enough phone to get the majority happy and create a shortage to be in the news and have people talking about how the iPhone must be so great to be sold out already.

Maybe that's what MS/AT&T/Nokia was doing, but instead of talking about how great the phones are, people just flocked to forums.wpcentral.com and ERMAHGERDed. :D

kenstervf

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Store in Costa Mesa, CA has a lot of Lumia 920 in stock. They have all the colors except cyan. Purchased my Lumia 920 (black) yesterday. I was debating between the black and white though. lol White seems a little too feminine for me. haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb