Nokia Developer more force to Lumia1520 at T-Mobile with 32GB and Wireless Charging

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Nokia developer & AT&T listings gives more force to #Lumia1520 coming to T-Mobile with inbuilt wireless charging.

Device Details -- Nokia Lumia 1520

RM-938 now listed as US variant, not global variant. The RM-938 has 32GB of storage and Qi wireless charging.
If it is for T-Mobile they better stock up with all they can, there will be waits for this one.

There are four variants

RM-937 Global variant, LTE 1 3 7 8 20
RM-938 US variant - Went through FCC, LTE 2 4 5 17
RM-939 China variant
RM-940 AT&T, Went through FCC, DTM removed, no Qi charging, LTE band 4 disabled, 16GB, LTE 2 5 17

I think they are all LCD display

Last edited:

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
at&t verizon and t-mobile getting variants of this new phablet would be very good for the platform. my only question is, how long after at&t releases their version will it take for t-mobile and verizon to release theirs?

TechyMexican

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I know I will be waiting :O I was waiting to see where that variant would land. I was expecting it to be on some Canadian carrier since they tend to get models with the 1700Mhz band. If it lands on T-Mobile that would be amazing! it would come with wifi calling! I'm currently rocking a Telus Lumia 1020 and it's awesome on T-Mobile!

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
It's an AT&T exclusive. That's more than well documented.
but then in the same sense the AT&T has an exclusive 1520 with 16GB, AMOLED Display without wireless charging, while the 1520 that was announced has 32GB, LCD, and wireless charging...

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
ok so is the Att model LCD or Amoled?? (spelling sorry!) I am confused and starting to get annoyed! One report says LCD the other says Amoled help!

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
but then in the same sense the AT&T has an exclusive 1520 with 16GB, AMOLED Display without wireless charging, while the 1520 that was announced has 32GB, LCD, and wireless charging...

if Tmobile gets it, it wont be for at least another 6 months

That's my fear. The 920 exclusivity led to Verizon's delayed release of the 928 and T-Mo's delayed release of the 925 (all for the most part the same device with minor differences). I want to be optimistic though, so here's to hoping! (But in all seriousness, it's probably also the Rogers variant and I'll likely have to import it...)

Kevin Spring

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
That's what I was thinking.

yeah I decided that AT&T variant wasn't worth my money and just bought a 925 for $400 yesterday. Maybe a year or so from now I'll pick up the 1520 from tmobile. However, my android died on me and I'm ready to make the jump to windows phone now, so the 925 will have to do

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
T-mobile is not getting the 1520, but you can buy the global variant and use it on T-mobile.

Must be nice to just make pronouncements without doing your homework. My money is on the Nokia Developer site when it says that the RM-938 is a US variant and then lists T-Mobile's exact bands. The OP has it right although you never know about the 32 GB until it is actually announced. This will not take six months either since it has already gone to the FCC and is on the developer site. Sometimes it really helps to actually check the links.

andybbtt111

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Even though I kinda hate this phone ( giant size with no real reason/extra features ) this being on tmobile would tempt me slightly. I just bought a Note 3, and I kinda like it. but I do miss being a WP user.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
AT&T is my primary carrier with grandfathered data. I won't swap my 1020 for this phone since I actually want something I will keep with me. On the other hand I have a secondary T-Mobile line and currently use a 521 to enable wifi calling, primarily at home. As a secondary and occasional phone the 1520 makes more sense on T-Mobile because I don't have to have it with me constantly. The size is still an issue but the specs and hot swappable SD make access to its features when I want them attractive. I could get an adapter and swap the sim card back to the 521 when I need true mobility on that line. That also gets around the wireless charging issue that AT&T has saddled their version with. I see the 1520 as basically a have around the house device. Maybe throw it in with a travel kit and use it in a hotel room. Limited practicality otherwise and it has to compete with true LTE tablets in that space.

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
There's no such thing as a 6" AMOLED, at least not for third party clients. Samsung makes all the AMOLED displays, and they keep the best and latest for their own phones. The Galaxy Round has a 5.7" display. So does the Note 3. All other phonemakers get last gen AMOLED displays from Samsung. This includes the penTile 4.5" on the Lumia 925 and 928, and the 720p 4.7" and 5" on the Moto X and latest Droid.

Please stop insisting there is a 6" AMOLED, when Nokia doesn't even make its own displays. Samsung doesn't even have one available to sell to them. And if they did, it would cost a pretty penny.

AMOLED is newer than IPS LCD, but it isn't necessarily better. They each have their flaws. I think IPS is still the far superior solution at the moment. I am well aware of the pitfalls of AMOLED since I have been using AMOLEDs since the first SuperAMOLED branded display came out from Samsung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss