Nokia Drive with Zune Music on

v6power

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Problem with Nokia Drive and Zune Music on

I connect the phone using the AUX port in my car so I can play music through the speaker of my car. Back when I had the iphone, when using the Navigon app with music playing, whenever the voice direction comes on, the music would fade away for a short while then comes back on when the voice direction is done. Tried this today on the Lumia 900 with both Nokia Drive and Zune music, the music never faded with the voice direction came on, so it seems to me you can either use Nokia Drive or listen to music but not both at the same time, because the music would drown out the voice direction. Anyone else having the same problem or is there some kind of the setting that I'm not seeing?

Last edited:

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I connect the phone using the AUX port in my car so I can play music through the speaker of my car. Back when I had the iphone, when using the Navigon app with music playing, whenever the voice direction comes on, the music would fade away for a short while then comes back on when the voice direction is done. Tried this today on the Lumia 900 with both Nokia Drive and Zune music, the music never faded with the voice direction came on, so it seems to me you can either use Nokia Drive or listen to music but not both at the same time, because the music would drown out the voice direction. Anyone else having the same problem or is there some kind of the setting that I'm not seeing?

Yup. This doesn't work, and it absolutely infuriates me. GRRR!!!

rutvik19

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
This isn't a bug. The feature simply has not been implemented in WP and it may never be as it may be already patented somehow by Apple.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
This isn't a bug. The feature simply has not been implemented in WP and it may never be as it may be already patented somehow by Apple.

... Anyhow, it's present in android (which has built in navi software), and not apple (which doesn't). If any guess, it would be car manufactures that had the actual patent.

More importantly, it's annoying, so I don't know why Nokia didn't do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)