Nokia lumia 1020 camera stopped working.

Franc Winchester

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
When ever I play with the manual settings and a litle red line appears under the setting
the camera stops working and the lens stays open and wont close until I restart
the phone about 15 times :smile:

2 days ago the camera completely stopped working(restarting doesnt help) :unhappy:
I cant even start the Nokia Camera app nor the default microsoft one.

Help me pleaseeeeeeee

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
If under warranty send it to Nokia. I had a 822 where camera store working suddenly and had to send it in to Nokia for repair.

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
No warranty, sooo I hope its a software thing.

How can there be no warranty? It's less than 2 years old. Last I heard, Nokia (even though they are now owned by M$) still cover Nokia hardware for 2 YEARS!!! The imei number is what they use to help determine age.

And as stated...the device wasn't even released 2 years ago so should still be covered.

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you go to "Settings --> Applications (swipe sideways) --> photos + camera" and hit the "reset camera" button at the bottom?

andypangerman

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure about the red line in the original post, but I was having an issue with my camera not working, and not even loading any camera app. After a bit of research I found out that it might be flash related, rather than camera or app. I would suggest installing the flashlight app to see if that works. If not, I guess you might have the same problem as me. I bought a new flash (under ?20, and arrived the next day) and followed a vid on YouTube to replace it. Now it works as good as new! Hope that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124