Nokia Lumia 1020 on Three network

Dan541

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I have just noticed that my 1020 is on Windows 8.0.10328.78 so has not been updated with October 2013 update and is a bit behind the times, which is a bit annoying when buying the latest tech.

Just been reading some threads on here about everyone enjoying the update and how it fix's some of the bugs especially the yellow tint to photos.

I have tried to Google any news from Three about Windows updates but to no avail.
Is anyone else on a Three contract here and in the same boat as me?
Does anyone have any info about when an update is likely to come out? (please say updates are coming out!)

daniel_sherlock

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi dude, got a tweet from three after I tweeted a few times

@mcsherlocks It's rolling out over the next few days, should be with you Tuesday at the latest >Ros

gibaslam

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi Daniel, thanks again for the heads up on twitter. I'm still stuck on 8.0.10328.78. Its odd that Nokia still allow networks to fiddle with firmware before releasing. A centralised vanilla release would work so much better.
That way the networks could just push out apn settings etc for us to use after a firmware update to ensure data services etc worked.

It would save all this hassle of waiting for the networks to pull their fingers out.

daniel_sherlock

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm presuming that its to do with 4g as they are slowing rolling it out to customers, if they just released the update it might enable some customers 4g early they need to omit that part of the firmware. Just guessing really.

potatopower

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I just received an update on my phone. (On 3). Try checking for software update again.

Installing on my phone at the moment.. Should be the black update but will confirm once it completes.

gibaslam

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Set mine to search for an update over 3G as I'm at work and don't have access to wifi. Got a call whilst it was searching, after I finished on the call 13 mins later my phone said there was an update ready to be installed. It's installing at the moment, hopefully it's Black. Anyone know what the file size is for the update?

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
When you say the update enabled 4g, do you mean the option for 2g,3g,4g under the mobile network tab in settings? As I haven't had a 4g update.

potatopower

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. Now I can select 3g / 4g in the highest connection speed. Although I still can't connect to a 4g network (I am in central London). Maybe they also need to enable it for my account on their servers.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, my phone came with the 4g setting. Thought I'd missed something, not that I've had chance to use it in darkest rural Lancashire!

daniel_sherlock

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know no where the three 4g is activated for three as, nothing in Woking Surrey just HSAP+

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Bizarrely I'm picking up 4G on Three in the Irish Sea about 30 mins from Heysham. Only 15mbs download (5mbs upload) on 2 bars.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99