Nokia Lumia. 1020 still worth to buy?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking 4 replacement for my current phone. Since it first released L1020 already shows it's charm to me

Still it seems that the device will reach end of life anytime soon. I can't tell whether I still get firmware for 8.1 GDR1.

So should I grab it? Unlike some fellows in US there is no contract system on my place so like or not I must pay at full price

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My girl loves the living crud out of it. It is a great phone, and one of the true successes of WP. It is still a good buy. I would be patient on how much I would spend on it now, certainly not a top end price. But you will not be disappointed.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes the phone is fantastic, windows phone 8.1.1 with this 41mp camera is worth it. As someone else has said I wouldn't pay top dollar but its a great device none the less.

Branden Lucero

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
i bought mine when it was still $199 on contract. i was almost suckered in to buying it at $299 (good lord, i'm glad i didnt) just because of that camera <-- its evil.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1520, but would still recommend the 1020 (even tho I never had one),if the specs are ok with you then does it matter if it gets updates or not? 10 years ago we never had any of this update nonsense for a phone. You bought a phone because you liked it. Never understood why the 1020 has a great camera but 720p screen tho. Would have made sense for the 1020 to have 1080p screen to show the resolution. But still....if your happy with the specs and the price is right...you got yourself a great phone that will last years

Bao Li

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
If the camera is important to you then you should buy it. I don't think there's anything else like it on the horizon.

The camera is pretty much the only reason I bought it. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the Windows OS but it was a compromise I was willing to make for not having to carry a point and shoot with me on vacation. It's my main personal phone, I also carry around a S4 or 5S for work phone so the OS shortfalls don't bother me as much.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I find its just too slow, its great to have in your pocket, you see something and want to grab the action, by the time its powered on, app started and focussed its usually too late, that is of course for moving action rather than group pictures or scenery. I used to have a canon s90 in my pocket which kicks the crap out of the 1020. If your serious about photography then get the pocket size Sony RX100 Mk3 its pricey at ?700 though. I reckon I will get that and get a better phone like the HTC One M8 or wait for the 1525 if it exists. Damn im going to need larger trousers! hehe

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Go for 1020. You wont regret. It's the best camera phone. In fact, i have been in situations when my l1020 has humbled canon dslr, Sony and Nikon, like clicking the Arc De Triomphe in Paris. I get better pictures with 1020 than my dedicated cameras. It's a phenomenal phone. The best. Convenient size, fluidic OS and greatest camera.
And know what, 41mgpixels will remain 41mgpixels, update or not..... Nothing comes close and nothing will come close in the foreseeable future. I am on wp8.1.1 and it will get many more updates in the future. Don't worry. Buy it, if you like it.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Amazing camera. Although unless you plan to use the camera to its limits I would recommend keeping an eye on the new 830... Should be a better smartphone experience at the expense of the camera.

I for one can't be happier with my 1020, love it.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Jim Bob4

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
You cannot beat the zoom feature of the 1020 nor the night/low light ability of the camera. The two pictures are from one shot with a zoom on the frog as an example. I could never get that close to the frog with any other phone.

Attachments

• WP_20140820_10_41_05_Pro (2).jpg
    WP_20140820_10_41_05_Pro (2).jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Zoom_Save_20140821.jpg
    Zoom_Save_20140821.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm already stick with Nokia brand as long as I remember. My first Windows phone is Lumia 800 which amazed me with it's camera. Now I'm using Lumia 625. And I think I'm ready for higher end device.

At first I really love to get ICON but it only available in US. So I think 1020 is the best choice for me.

I already familiar with function since I use wp from 7.5 and I love to see this device.

The thing is my main reason for 1020 is RAM and storage. And I'm not quiet confortable with Oversized phone.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm already stick with Nokia brand as long as I remember. My first Windows phone is Lumia 800 which amazed me with it's camera. Now I'm using Lumia 625. And I think I'm ready for higher end device.

At first I really love to get ICON but it only available in US. So I think 1020 is the best choice for me.

I already familiar with function since I use wp from 7.5 and I love to see this device.

The thing is my main reason for 1020 is RAM and storage. And I'm not quiet confortable with Oversized phone.

the 930 has the same hardware as Icon...

anyway, as of today, the 1020 is still the best camera-phone in the world, albeit being a slow-snapper
if you can't wait for the 1030, which might or might not be released in near future, then go get it now

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss