Nokia Lumia 1520 Bluetooth Connectivity with Mitsubishi Montero 2014 Model

ferrynotfairy

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I am located in the Philippines. I am able to connect my Samsung Galaxy S5 & iPhone 5S to my Mitsubishi Montero 2014 model through bluetooth as voice & music/multimedia. This means that I can play music on both devices on any app (music, Spotify, etc.) & can also make & receive calls on both devices (Normall Call, Viber calls, Skype Calls & even Lync Meeting calls). Now I tried to connect my Nokia Lumia 1520 (upgraded to Lumia Cyan) to my car through bluetooth but the car can only connect the device as voice. I am unable to play music through e.g. Spotify or even through Xbox Music. I can make & receive calls though. So, I am wondering if this is a hardware or software (Lumia device OS) issue. I am wondering if this would resolve the issue by downgrading to Lumia Black (haven't done so or is it even possible?). Please HELP!!!

Jeff_Kelley

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
If the car supports the Bluetooth A2DP profile, then it should be possible for WP to stream music to the car. The WP Settings -> Bluetooth page will show "connected voice, music" if A2DP is connected. If only "connected voice" is shown, then A2DP is not connected. If the car supports A2DP but it is not connecting, there may be some additional steps necessary on the car UI to allow A2DP to connect.

ferrynotfairy

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
If the car supports the Bluetooth A2DP profile, then it should be possible for WP to stream music to the car. The WP Settings -> Bluetooth page will show "connected voice, music" if A2DP is connected. If only "connected voice" is shown, then A2DP is not connected. If the car supports A2DP but it is not connecting, there may be some additional steps necessary on the car UI to allow A2DP to connect.

If the S5 & 5S are able to connect to the car's bluetooth connection as voice & music, does this mean that the car supports A2DP connectivity? I used the same steps to connect my L1520 to the car's Bluetooth connection the same way i connected the S5 & 5S.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
A quick wiki page about Bluetooth gave me this: Some Bluetooth stacks enforce the SCMS-T digital rights management (DRM) scheme. In these cases, it is impossible to connect certain A2DP headphones for high quality audio.

Perhaps this is the problem?

rajeevdixit

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I am facing problem while pairing with FM Modulator in the car. It is paired with Music only and not voice.

I bought this modulator in US and it was getting paired for both Music and Voice but not in India. Can any one help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss