Nokia Lumia 2520 - Who's getting one?

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
What is meant by "Wi-Fi only"? Cant you just buy the lte version and only use the wifi portion of it? The addition of LTE capability is a PLUS isn't it? just in case there comes a time that you want to buy a sim card and pop it in for connectivity? am I missing something in the terminology here?

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I am enjoying my 2520 a couple weeks in. I don't regret not getting the Surface 2. I am holding out for a Bluetooth keyboard I really like otherwise its been going well. The device as a tablet is great and its flexibility is impressive. Its been smooth and powerful and I look forward to doing more with it as the days go by.

What are you using it for?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The other day I met a Nokia employee in Dallas. Well now a Microsoft employee. Anyway, she spoiled my 2520, 1520, and Luna and we got to talking. She asked if I was from Europe because I'd all the Nokia stuff. She said it does much better there. She's right! I still love ❤ it.

John Hill

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Picked up one from Amazon. $99 added to my family data share. I use a Nokia 920 and a Windows 8.1 laptop. Seems like a better fit as a daily driver for my personal needs than my Ipad.

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I would like to get one in the next few days. Probably the red one with a type cover. Do you think it is still worth buying one today, or am I purchasing a piece of hardware that will be obsolete with no further windows updates? Another question is...will all metro apps for Windows 8.1 work on Windows RT (even if RT has no more updates)?

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Most do. A few don't. I figure as long as it gets some sort of update to Windows 10 for ARM, it'll remain awesome (considering it has the innards of the 1520).

Plus, Flash in Internet Explorer 10 and free Office 2013 pretty much guarantee it'll remain useful for a long time to come.

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I saw the device in one of the Microsoft stores, and it is just beautiful. I think I am going to go ahead and get it for $300. I know most will be at the store for the smartband for $200, but I have no use for it: Verizon will probably never update my wonderful 928 with cyan.

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I just wish there was still a promotion for the free keyboard...$150 kind of bites...

I guess I will see how expensive it will be to add the 2520 directly through Verizon on another line with just data. Might be worth looking into getting a contract discount if the add-in is cheap enough?

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Is there any chance the surface keyboard would work with a 2520? im kinda kicking myself I didn't buy the power keyboard upfront. I guess I could use a universal Bluetooth keyboard if I have to.

Jon Hemphill

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Is there any chance the surface keyboard would work with a 2520?

I don't believe they are compatible (different pin configuration), but I'm not 100% sure on this as I don't have a Surface keyboard to test. I too don't have the Power Keyboard, and while it would be nice to have the extra battery storage, I'm quite happy using a Bluetooth keyboard. I'm currently using the Microsoft Universal Mobile Keyboard, and while its a tad bit smaller than I would like, it does a really good job as the keyboard for my 2520. Plus I can use the keyboard on any other device that has Bluetooth.

RicaChero

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Well...I have a Surface 2, three Lumia 2520s and one Surface 2 LTE. All are amazing and Windows RT, although will not received the 100% version of Windows 10, is still very secure and extremely useful. Every day there is new support for it. My Type cover works if I use the Bluetooth Wireless Adapter for it. Otherwise, the Surface and Lumia share no compatibility

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well...I have a Surface 2, three Lumia 2520s and one Surface 2 LTE. All are amazing and Windows RT, although will not received the 100% version of Windows 10, is still very secure and extremely useful. Every day there is new support for it. My Type cover works if I use the Bluetooth Wireless Adapter for it. Otherwise, the Surface and Lumia share no compatibility

Man, you are rich :)
Give us poor people one tab.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria