Nokia Lumia 822 on AT&T

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone figured out the text issue with the 822 on other networks. Maybe it is just on T-mobile but everything else works great with the correct APN settings, but texting will only send messages if I limit the phone to 2G, anything higher and it won't send.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone figured out the text issue with the 822 on other networks. Maybe it is just on T-mobile but everything else works great with the correct APN settings, but texting will only send messages if I limit the phone to 2G, anything higher and it won't send.

Did you install the Nokia Access Point app? If not, you should. Also, one customer of mine (I sell these phones for international use) had that same problem with the SMS while using it with a different carrier and eventually solved it by trying different phone number formats.. For example, try adding +1 at the beginning of the number (if the recipient is a US number, of course). I used a 822 for a few days in T-Mobile and never had that problem. My numbers are all saved with +1 at the begining though.

Flap1

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 822 on VZW, and my contract is up at the end of November. I would like to move it directly to AT&T at that time. Not through Straight Talk. Anybody know the APN settings I will need? And, do I need to get the full unlock code from VZW at contract end?
AT&T store people have put their SIM in the phone, and it works for talk and text only. Would the unlock code fix that?
I have App Pusher installed.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
No unlock code needed, it will just work when you put the SIM in. I'm not sure of the APN settings, but mine works on T-Mobile. Don't know why data isn't working with an AT&T sim. I would try going into cellular settings and limit it to 3G and see if that works. You won't get LTE.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
My daughter currently has a 521 on T-mobile. I was thinking of giving her my 822 if I upgrade- so it will work with T-Mobile? Any settings do u have to use to get texting to work? Thanks

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My daughter currently has a 521 on T-mobile. I was thinking of giving her my 822 if I upgrade- so it will work with T-Mobile? Any settings do u have to use to get texting to work? Thanks

On T-Mobile there are issues with SMS and MMS. See other threads posted in the 822 forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)