Nokia Lumia 830 Possibly Facebook virus

samlowe

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi, hoping someone can help me. Last night I clicked on a link on my facebook messenger thinking it was from a friend as I knew who the person was and it was a picture of mine with the message SAM OMG!
Upon clicking it didn't really do anything, and I then a few minutes later discovered a post on her wall saying do not open anything attached from her messages as it's a virus.
I then deleted the messages and closed all windows and uninstalled my facebook and messenger from my phone. Once home I logged onto my pc and changed my
fb password. Nothing suspicious is happening on my phone yet, but I'm hoping someone can shed some light and give me peace of mind.

Reading previous posts it says that WP can not get a virus, but there are some comments that it can.

Regards, Sam

Last edited:

azgoth444

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, hoping someone can help me. Last night I clicked on a link on my facebook messenger thinking it was from a friend as I knew who the person was and it was a picture of mine with the message SAM OMG!
Upon clicking it didn't really do anything, and I then a few minutes later discovered a post on her wall saying do not open anything attached from her messages as it's a virus.
I then deleted the messages and closed all windows and uninstalled my facebook and messenger from my phone. Once home I logged onto my pc and changed my
fb password. Nothing suspicious is happening on my phone yet, but I'm hoping someone can shed some light and give me peace of mind.

Reading previous posts it says that WP can not get a virus, but there are some comments that it can.

Regards, Sam

This happened to me on my Lumia 930. I did change my password and all but yeah didnt get any virus or such. Havent gotten any virus over the years of using a windows phone. Good that you changed your password and all.

Sent from mTalk

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Whatever the virus is, I doubt it was written to target Windows phone. So, chances are, your phone will remain unaffected. It's good that you changed your FB details though. Just be careful what you click on in future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatboy7000