Nokia Lumia 920 being really glitchy after 8.1 update

W

WPCentral Question

Hello guys.

Recently I updated my Lumia 920 to windows 8.1 with cyan too. It worked fine for two weeks, and then suddenly all this weird things started to happening.

1. Automatic screen brightness stopped working
2. Proximity sensor stopped working
3. Camera didn't want to open.
4. It took couple seconds to unlock the screen.

I tired factory reset and soft reset. Both do the same thing. Everything works normally but for some period of the time.Sometimes is just couple minutes sometimes couple hours.

Any suggestions on what to do.

Thank you

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys.

Recently I updated my Lumia 920 to windows 8.1 with cyan too. It worked fine for two weeks, and then suddenly all this weird things started to happening.

1. Automatic screen brightness stopped working
2. Proximity sensor stopped working
3. Camera didn't want to open.
4. It took couple seconds to unlock the screen.

I tired factory reset and soft reset. Both do the same thing. Everything works normally but for some period of the time.Sometimes is just couple minutes sometimes couple hours.

Any suggestions on what to do.

Thank you
You had a bad installation. Reset will not work as the broken strings will not be repaired in the reset. The only way is to format it completely and reinstall the OS. Same concept with the PC.

Hrvoje Capan

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Check keyword: nokia recovery tools in the forum
or better, have your telco tech rep do it for you.
btw, you will lose data by doing this.

Hey man thank you so much for your help.

I tried the recovery tool and it installed the same firmware that I had and it is a bit better but it still gets glitchy. Any other suggestions or would the tech rep be my best option?

Once again thank you so much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo