Nokia lumia 920 charging slowing down

Karipo

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Couple of weeks ago my phone's charging rate was over 30%/h and now it has slowed down to 20%. Does anyone know why and what I should do? I have tried several chargers and they are all equally slow.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe its calibration thing. I haven't noticed since I tend to put my phone on my charger at bedtime. In the morning I'm juiced up. Are you using some sort of measuring device?

Karipo

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
No. My battery app gave me these numbers. It's weird because I bought this phone about 5 months ago and it was fine until now. Charging never took more than 2.5 hours and now it takes over 5 hours and it's getting slower all the time

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I use a blackberry stock charger, and my charging rate is static at 44% /hr. Unless im using the phone while its charging, and it drops to around 25%

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
No. My battery app gave me these numbers. It's weird because I bought this phone about 5 months ago and it was fine until now. Charging never took more than 2.5 hours and now it takes over 5 hours and it's getting slower all the time

the phone should not take 5 hours to charge. Is this using a wired or wireless charger?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Funny. I have this same problem. I used to be getting 30+ % charging.

Now I'm getting 14.08%/hour. Last night I was getting 10%/hour!

Do you think it's a problem with the battery? If I order a replacement battery will that help? I've had this phone since October/December

nitin88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
So yyou'resaying the slower it ccharges the better it is for the battery?

@10% /hr it takes like 10 hours to a full charge :|

It should fully charge from 0% to 100% by 2-3 hours.
1. Your charger might have some issues, try with different Nokia Charger [make sure it has 1Amp output]
2. Your battery might be going dead soon. You should better replace it before warranty.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It should fully charge from 0% to 100% by 2-3 hours.
1. Your charger might have some issues, try with different Nokia Charger [make sure it has 1Amp output]
2. Your battery might be going dead soon. You should better replace it before warranty.
I have tried many different chargers. I'm supposed to get my wireless charger tomorrow. Will notice the charge speed then. If it doesn't improve, I think I will order a replacement battery.

Hope it ain't the charging port.

contradictive

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I had a same issue few days ago on my Lumia 720. While the usual charging time was around 40% per hour, it suddenly dropped to ~20%. I thought it was a battery or charger, but i tried with different USB cable from charger to phone and the charging speed was again at 40%.
So, maybe you can try the same?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss