Nokia Lumia Icon or Lumia 640?

glovenc

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I just got an Icon on contract with Verizon. I like it quite a bit. Yet considering it's a year old at this point and with the 640 and the XL variant on the verge of release I'm questioning if I shouldn't go with the shiny new Lumia off contract instead. I'm will aware that the Icon is spec-wise a better phone. Everything about it is premium. The camera is one of the best you can get on any current phone. I suppose I'm concerned that Verizon will take forever to upgrade the Icon to W10, if at all. Am I crazy and being silly falling for the shiny new phone and somehow believing that the Icon is not worth a two year contract? I cannot afford a used one at all right now hence my spending a penny to upgrade through Amazon. If I had assurances that the Icon would get a timely W10 update I might not be questioning this but Verizon has a terrible track record for WP.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I have an Icon that I got really cheap. I wouldn't worry about updates now that we have both the Preview for Developers app and Windows Insider. Unless there is something crazy firmware-wise that requires an update that is held up by Verizon, I would just stick with the Icon. I will say, if I have the chance to pick up a 640 I will definitely get one, especially because it has NFC and I like the size a little better for my hands.

Victor Harshman

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
If your looking for the best smart phone get the Nokia Icon. I just got mine for 140$ used mint condition at a local cell phone shop ( There is no demand for these so they are dirt cheap). 20 megapixel camera (Super fast camera Lumia 5.0), 4k video (Denim update), 5" Super AMOLED display, Quad Core 800. This phone rocks. This phone takes some of the best pic's still right up there with the I6 and S6. Using Straight Talk as a provider 45$ a month no contract now with 5 gig's per month and using Verizon towers getting 4G LTE speeds. Just buy the Sim card kit with service plan from Walmart and your ready to go. Hand down the best smart phone deal out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon