Nokia Marketing Policy

sraffe8283

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

In my e-mail post today I received numerous mail that the Apple Air is available in the UK from today (Launch date 22nd October same as Nokia World).

A number of my friends have decided that, as there is no information on the release date for both the 2520 and the 1520, they are going to purchase either the Apple Air or Microsoft Surface Pro 2. So why did Nokia announce the new products only to be outdone by Apple on making the products available.

Nokia could lose a great number of potential sales because of its strange marketing system especially with people shopping early for Christmas. Why announce new products that you cannot give any availability details or prices for while a competitor announces a new product on the same day and it is already available and selling pretty well over here in the UK on its first day. Sad day for Nokia.

Steve :unhappy:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I would guess so people could see what's coming if they have the patience to wait. Good things come to those that wait?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
not really when you know all of the specs so you can compare all of the advantages and disadvantages to products that are....AVAILABLE.

sraffe8283

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
But in todays ever changing market of new products / innovations people can make choices that means they don't have to wait :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wasifl