Nokia Music Error "We can't get through Sorry. There's a problem reaching the music service."

Elderon

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Music Error "We can't get through Sorry. There's a problem reaching the music service."

Anyone else having issues with the Nokia music app? It plays songs just fine, but if you select the artist and want more info or perhaps want to buy a song you get that error. My connection is up and working and I'm signed into my Nokia account on the phone.

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nokia Music Error "We can't get through Sorry. There's a problem reaching the music service."

Same here, though it's been showing when I want to log into my Nokia account (from the Nokia Music settings), so I can only play my mp3s and nothing else (due to not being able to log in I guess). Any ideas?

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nokia Music Error "We can't get through Sorry. There's a problem reaching the music service."

Figured it out!! :)
Turned out to be quite simple.. The app didn't show up in the Store (after I wanted to reinstall it) and didn't work for me earlier due to my location settings (both on my phone and in my Nokia Account). Check the article here.

It turns out that for some unknown and stupid reasons (licencing? but why?) the service only works "in" selected countries, and since I had Belgium set as my location both on the phone and in my Nokia account settings the app didn't show up in the Store, and even though I had it preinstalled it wouldn't work (giving me the "We can't get through. Sorry." error when I tried to log in). Once I changed the location setting on the phone to UK the app magically appeared in the store (together with some other great apps, like CNN and SkyNews), so I installed it, and still didn't have the MixRadio etc options, but knowing what the problem was I logged into my Nokia account, change my location there to the UK too, and voila, the next time I opened Nokia Music everything was unlocked, all the mixed radios, saving offline etc, like magic :)

So now my questions are: why the heII would Nokia hide the service from users from some European countries? And why is the Lumia 920 advertised as with free Nokia Music service, if - even though I bought it legally from my carrier - it would not work, without ANY explanation message whatsoever? As I can see now it works perfectly fine in Belgium, the only problem was a stupid setting!! So WHY Nokia WHY??

sid panwar

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

same here........i i know my username and password of the unlimited subscription.....still it says We can't get through Sorry. There's a problem reaching the music service!
pls help.....

oatsnhoney

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

@ sid panwar:
"same here........i i know my username and password of the unlimited subscription.....still it says We can't get through Sorry. There's a problem reaching the music service!
pls help..... "

I had the same problem with my Lumia 521 (USA, carrier = T-Mobile) and finally got the situation resolved by uninstalling Nokia Music and then downloading the same app from the Store to do a fresh re-install. As soon as I did the fresh re-install I was able to access Nokia Music without incident.

sljohn

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

Anyone else having issues with the Nokia music app? It plays songs just fine, but if you select the artist and want more info or perhaps want to buy a song you get that error. My connection is up and working and I'm signed into my Nokia account on the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb