Nokia Quietly Releases Software Recovery Tool

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Care quietly released a Windows program called Nokia Software Recovery Tool that allows you to fix your device if it gets bricked. This is pretty much like a consumer version of the Nokia Care Suite that many of us have been using over the years to fix our Nokia devices when they become bricked, or even to install OS builds before they’re officially released.

Nokia_Recovery_Tool_MainScreen.png

Nokia_Recovery_Tool_Install-1024x788.png

Download it here: Nokia Software Recovery Tool 1.1.1

You should make a backup of your phone’s data before using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool.

Prerequisites for your computer:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later.
- USB cable to connect your phone to the computer.
- Minimum 2 GB free storage space.

NOTE! The files downloaded by the Nokia Software Recovery Tool may be as much as 4GB, and may take a long time, depending on your internet connection and phone model.

PS: Find answers to your questions in Nokia Software Recovery Help. To get help and find answers to your questions about Nokia Software Recovery Tool, open the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and click on the “?” symbol from any screen.

Source: MNB and Nokia

Last edited:

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Same here I've downloaded it just in case I need it.

I used to have NSU but since updating my laptop to W8.1 it won't work even after uninstalling & reinstalling several times - it just won't open. Never mind though as the new NSR tool will do the job.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Still, this was necessary. The NSU program got the job done, but it wasn't particularly user friendly. The screenshots make this new software appear easy enough that you could talk a friend through this on the phone.

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Still, this was necessary. The NSU program got the job done, but it wasn't particularly user friendly. The screenshots make this new software appear easy enough that you could talk a friend through this on the phone.

Of course, if they needed this, you probably couldn't :wink:.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
More ways to restore a stolen phone. We need a feature like it's impossible to hard reset a phone unless you are the owner similar to Apple's Activation Lock.

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
More ways to restore a stolen phone. We need a feature like it's impossible to hard reset a phone unless you are the owner similar to Apple's Activation Lock.

Or the inability to turn the phone OFF if you don't have the correct pin.
Could give you precious hours to locate a phone that's been stolen because the thief can't, you know, just power off the device and thwart your efforts...
Should be standard across all platforms.

pluizebol

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I installed the program and connected my Lumia 925.
What I see is rather strange:
- When I look on my phone in Extra's + Info / more info, I see that my Build ID = 3051.40000.1345.10285.
- The recovery tool tells me that it can install version 3051.40000.1345.1006
That is strange - is there a problem ?

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Nokia software recovery tool updated to 1.1.1
Changelog:
- Brings support for 40 languages
- Brings fix to “wrong UI" note shown for the user after successful dead phone recovery.

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I installed the program and connected my Lumia 925.
What I see is rather strange:
- When I look on my phone in Extra's + Info / more info, I see that my Build ID = 3051.40000.1345.10285.
- The recovery tool tells me that it can install version 3051.40000.1345.1006
That is strange - is there a problem ?
Check firmware version under About.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb