Nokia should produce windows.

kwadjo27

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
If they are selling MS bk to Nokia,I think Nokia should produce windows phones to keep reviving the MS os cuz windows is a better os and it shouldn't fade away.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Why they should produce Windows phone???
When Nokia produce windows phone all market go to Samsung due to android. this makes Nokia huge loss.
Again if they will going with windows phone Nokia will have no future .

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If they are selling MS bk to Nokia,I think Nokia should produce windows phones to keep reviving the MS os cuz windows is a better os and it shouldn't fade away.

Nokia will be under no obligation to make windows phone, but if their buyers are interested they would. But most likely, not. It'll be android this time. Cant wait to see whats coming

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has pissed off to many Nokia people by the way they handled that situation. Nokia will NEVER touch anything Microsoft.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
A quote often attributed to Albert Einstein says that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I fully understand why Nokia chose to align themselves to Microsoft and go all-in on Windows Phones. However, at the end, the partnership wasn't particularly helpful for Nokia or Microsoft. They teamed up for some great devices, but for the most part, they never made a substantial dent in the market, Windows mobile is on the ropes, and Nokia ended up having to sell their handset business to Microsoft.

I don't know how Nokia could succeed again in the handset market, whether they use Android or Windows or Symbian or anything. This is such a crowded market, and smartphones have matured to the point where it's hard to find a single point to differentiate any one phone from the rest.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't have the time this week to point out all the inaccuracies in this statement, most of which occur before the comma.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the time this week to point out all the inaccuracies in this statement, most of which occur before the comma.

If u don't have time,u don't need to comment at all

I think there was some humor intended as you originally wrote:

"If they are selling MS bk to Nokia" seems to indicate that someone purchased Microsoft from Nokia and now Nokia is buying back Microsoft...

Microsoft was never owned by Nokia so no one could purchase Microsoft from Nokia.

Microsoft is not being sold to anyone.

Nokia is not buying anything in the recently announced deals. Nokia is selling again. They sold the rights to use their name on hardware that will most likely be feature phones and Android based smartphones and tablets. Microsoft is helping Nokia out (IMHO) by also selling the rights to Nokia feature phones which they purchased a couple of years ago to the newly founded HMD global Oy so that Nokia branding may move forward under one umbrella. Microsoft is divesting itself of the rest of the feature phone holdings they purchased by selling them to Foxconn.

None of this means Nokia is, will or wants to produce W10M hardware.

What it does mean is that Microsoft is out of the feature phone market... A space they never wanted to occupy, but had to absorb in the original Nokia Devices and Services acquisition.

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
^ Stephen Elop made the decision of choosing Windows mobile for Nokia. Now works in Microsoft..
You forgot to mention that he worked at MS BEFORE going to Nokia as well.

The phone market evolved, and Nokia didn't. They tried though, more than once, and I'd say WP was one of their best bets. Unfortunately, WP was not really good enough at that point. (The lack of apps was also a problem.)
Later on, WP 8.1 was groundbreaking (by MS measures) when it came, with all these small changes that made it a more complete OS.

Actually, I really like 8.1 so much that I actually would have preferred that MS kept on developing it for another year or so, updating the looks of the start screen and add support for UWP (the latter would probably be way too much to ask for).

Don't get me wrong, W10M is great, but it was kind of half baked when it showed up. Imagine the launch only four months later and the reviews would have looked different.

My point being, it was painful to see MS pretty much throwing out 8.1 a bit too early when 10 wasn't good enough yet, because it only gave W10M a lower reputation that it deserved.
This was supposed to be THE launch of W10M, combined with new high end devices, and the future reputation of Windows Mobile was at stake, so it should have been well thought out. It's not comparable with, say, Samsung launching a product, that's relatively quickly forgotten when there are lots of alternatives and the OS is well known. One bad Android model doesn't make a dent in the Android market share.

Then we have the WP fans waiting for new devices, I guess MS didn't want to loose customers so they couldn't wait.

Last edited:

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
In no way is Nokia going to release Windows Phones at the extreme least any other competing software other than Android.

Should Nokia go and make their own OS again? Never say never, but right now that is not feasible.

On a tangent Samsung could afford to expand Tizen despite their ill-fated Bada OS due to having more resources at their disposal, not just for phones and watches but for TV's as well.

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I would definitely love to see Nokia doing Windows as well as Android. More option is always good in the market.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
There is an old Southern expression that goes like this: "Don.t throw me in that Briar Patch". If I were in charge at Nokia, this would be what I would say.

ogr8

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
European or American companies simply cannot make money making phones. As you know Apple doesn't actually make phones, which Foxconn does. The reason Apple can make a profit with a phone made by a contractor in todays world is because Apple runs the ecosystem. With even smaller volumes, a Nokia branded subcontract build phone is going to be niche or not going to make money without an ecosystem.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I really like 8.1 so much that I actually would have preferred that MS kept on developing it for another year or so, updating the looks of the start screen and add support for UWP (the latter would probably be way too much to ask for).

That part of your phrase made me think of a couple cool features in WP8.1 that were displayed (like the lock screen animation things) that never came to fruition because of all the reboots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss