Nokia Smack Down of the iPhone 5c!!!

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I was watching the "live" feed on Verge and when the figure $99 came up for Phone 5C, in my mind was WOW! I would seriously consider getting one. Then they posted "on a 2 year contract of course". Okay, never mind. I did find it funny that for just the price of two+ iPhone cases, you can actually get a contract free Lumia 520.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I was watching the "live" feed on Verge and when the figure $99 came up for Phone 5C, in my mind was WOW! I would seriously consider getting one. Then they posted "on a 2 year contract of course". Okay, never mind. I did find it funny that for just the price of two+ iPhone cases, you can actually get a contract free Lumia 520.

I was like that thinking that cheap then read on contract, which is very naughty of some for not added contract to the title!

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
$500-$600 for a "budget" iPhone? Apple has no clue and clings to their hope of high profit margins.

If any other company released a "budget" phone for that price they would be burned at the stake already but no one is barely talking about that point.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
$500-$600 for a "budget" iPhone? Apple has no clue and clings to their hope of high profit margins.

If any other company released a "budget" phone for that price they would be burned at the stake already but no one is barely talking about that point.

I'm too very shocked how apple can get of way of certain big details such as a budget device which is almost the same price as the 5S!

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I've read some articles on the usual big name tech sites and in many of the 5c articles they don't even bother to bring up the off contract price. They are trying so hard to hide it.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've read some articles on the usual big name tech sites and in many of the 5c articles they don't even bother to bring up the off contract price. They are trying so hard to hide it.

I was looking on a tech site that I go on and they were covering up by leaving it out of the article all together!!!

Mio_WP

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
The 5C was the only thing I was just a bit interested in (for my daughter) namely because I had heard that it was supposed to be a budget device.

But this price is ridiculous, I could buy 4-5 Lumia 520 off contract for that.

Now back to work trying to convince her that she is actually much better off with a Lumia.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The 5C was the only thing I was just a bit interested in (for my daughter) namely because I had heard that it was supposed to be a budget device.

But this price is ridiculous, I could buy 4-5 Lumia 520 off contract for that.

Now back to work trying to convince her that she is actually much better off with a Lumia.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

There lots of cheap Nokia Lumia devices the 925, 920, 820, 720, 620, 520 etc all cheaper than the iphone 5c.

Need4Geek

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I just crafted two wallpapers (1280x768 and 1280x720 resolutions) based on Nokia's tweet. Show your support to Lumia and Windows Phone!

Nokia True Story 768p.jpg
1280x768

Nokia True Story 720p.jpg
1280x720

erichunt

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe this is what Apple is coming out with... it just floors me. For a company that was pushing innovation and some inventive products very early on, the best they can come out with are some cheap plastic covers to strap onto the existing iPhone 5 internals. Even the colors look drab and without life. Gold.. really like having an iPhone alone wasn't already screaming "I got more money than I need" but this just outright brags.

How about that awesome camera... thats almost nearly identical to last years but still boasts to being the most "popular" camera. Popularity is the only contest Apple can win now? Its disgraceful to Apple and their customers.

While I have in the past owned Apple products, today was yet another reminder why I made the right choice to switch back to MS products and software. I see the vision for Windows Phone / Windows 8 integration and I look forward to its unified implementation (though I wish development was a bit faster). Yet I've always enjoyed watching the Apple unveilings every year, something like Christmas for the tech world... even if you're not into Apple. Sadly this year, Santa disappointed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte