Nokia Software Recovery Tool Not Detecting Phone

TITANWULF

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I've looked everywhere in the forums for an issue with the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, but a lot of people have been getting problems with their phones for downgrading from DP for 8.1 to 8.0 and trying to do the Cyan update. My problem is strange... My computer (self built rig running 8.1 and fully up to date) can detect my Nokia Lumia 1520 and I can even use Windows Media Player or the Windows Phone App from Microsoft to transfer to and from the phone all of my files, but the Software Recovery Tool cannot recognize that my phone is connected at all. I have used the Hard Reset method of shutting it down and plugging the phone back into the computer when the Tool prompts that option and still nothing. It will take forever (~5 minutes) to boot back on and the Tool doesn't recognize it still. I've uninstalled, re-downloaded the up-to-date Tool, re-installed the Tool, and same thing happens... No go. Can anyone help me with this situation, and has anyone else experienced this as well?

Keith Brooks

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. The Nokia Software Recovery Tool program doesn't recognize my Nokia Lumia 521 running Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview in Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center x64 Update. The Windows Phone app's on desktop and the start screen, as does Windows 8.1 Pro, all recognize my Lumia 521. Just Nokia's software doesn't.

multiloop

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here. Lumia 925 not being detected even after numerous hard resetting attempts.
Was trying to get CYAN by downgrading from DP 8.1.
Help!

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
use the cord that came with your device, NOT a third party cord.
form what has been posted in other threads, this seems to be one
of the more common issues.

Jowarman

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Try running the Nokia Recovery tool in compatibility mode for Windows 7. (Disconnect the phone first, then run the program in compatibility mode, connect the phone) I had to downgrade/upgrade 5 Nokia phones in my family (all 925,925, 929, 1020, 1520). All went smoothly! Although I left my Surface Pro at home, so I had to resort to an old laptop with Windows 7.

multiloop

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Uninstalling the Universal Serial Bus controllers and then re-installing them with the phone connected worked for me.

But, the Recovery tool says I can install software version 3051.40000.1345.1001 to my phone.
I am on the DP and my About Phone says my Firmware revision number is the same as above - 3051.40000.1345.1001 which is Lumia Black.

I suspect that the recovery tool will give me Lumia Black and WP 8.0 together.

J0n5ey

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm not having any luck either. The recovery tool doesn't detect my phone, while the laptop itself does.

I've tried different cables, both USB 2 & 3 ports, uninstalling and reinstalling the tool, multiple restarts and still nothing :(

Update: Tried all of the above again today and I'm guessing that magic faeries must have came and blew on it while I was making coffee, because everything is underway now.

Last edited:

Orcapilot

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Was having the same issue as the OP, in that the I could transfer data between the phone and PC, but NSRT wasn't recognizing the phone. Here's what I did to fix my issue:

• Uninstalled NSRT
  • Went to Device Manager, and uninstalled the "Universal Serial Bus Devices" for my phone (see image)
  • Reinstalled NSRT
  • NSRT now recognizes my phone
NSRT Device Manager CNJPJ 140815.jpg

*For the Device Manager step, you may need to go to "View" and select "Show hidden devices." I right clicked and uninstalled each of those "Nokia Lumia 909 (RM-707)" files. As I uninstalled each one, it sometimes asked if I wanted to remove the associated software--I checked the box for yes. I didn't uninstall the "NOKIA BOOTMGR" or "NOKIA FLASH" files because I didn't know what they correlated with. The Nokia Lumia 909 files (there were three) reinstalled when I connected my phone.

Hope this helps.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey, found out this topic when i was searching for a solution.. if that doesen't work just unplug all USB devices from your PC, then restart it. REMOVE SD card from Windows Lumia phone, and try windows phone recovery tool. Works like a charm !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers