Nokia's comeback to Windows Mobile?

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I have always LOVED Nokia phones. I go all the way back to the Symbian days when I was part of the Symbian Ambassador program. The Nokia name has always been synonymous with quality. Sure, they've had a stinker or two over the years, but generally speaking they have always produced the highest quality mobiles anywhere. Lumias were no exception. The problem has been that Nokia's choice of WM hamstrung them in a world where iOS and Android dominated. Microsoft has had a mobile operating system for over 20 years, and they have always had issues. Now look at W10M - they still haven't sorted out all the issues. Stability, broken features, battery life, etc. And now Microsoft is shunting W10M to the back burner??

If Nokia is to re-enter the handset business it would almost certainly have to be with Android. And they would be starting from scratch rebuilding their Devices division. I'm thinking it would be YEARS before Nokia got their mobile mojo back, fighting uphill all the way. IMHO this would be a monumental mistake. Nokia divested themselves of mobile for a reason, and at what might have been their last decent opportunity. Getting out and then jumping back in looks like the result of a schizophrenic business plan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss