Non Transparent Tiles

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
In Windows 10 Mobile on my 640 I like how I can make the background image seamless by choosing full screen picture, so I thought it would be nice to be able to create a minimalist screen of just icons by setting the transparency to 100%. I can do this easily on Android but the effect is spoiled on Windows 10 Mobile by the fact that some tiles such as the Photos and OneNote tiles are not even able to be set to a basic transparent icon. Is there a way of replacing these to allow this? I couldn't find an app to do this, at least for these tiles. Kind of defeats the purpose having this setting if you can't make it apply to all icons. Microsoft certainly needs an additional option on the photos tile to allow a static icon instead of a photo.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
In Windows 10 Mobile on my 640 I like how I can make the background image seamless by choosing full screen picture, so I thought it would be nice to be able to create a minimalist screen of just icons by setting the transparency to 100%. I can do this easily on Android but the effect is spoiled on Windows 10 Mobile by the fact that some tiles such as the Photos and OneNote tiles are not even able to be set to a basic transparent icon. Is there a way of replacing these to allow this? I couldn't find an app to do this, at least for these tiles. Kind of defeats the purpose having this setting if you can't make it apply to all icons. Microsoft certainly needs an additional option on the photos tile to allow a static icon instead of a photo.

We left a lot of feedback for that, forst of all MSN Meteo tile

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

In the photos app settings you can set the tile to show only favorite images, and then if you have no favorite images, it will be a transparent tile.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
In the photos app settings you can set the tile to show only favorite images, and then if you have no favorite images, it will be a transparent tile.
Aha! I have no idea why I didn't try that! Then again that's what these forums are for, to figure out these 'aha moments'. Thank you.

At least that's one of the main culprits down. I could leave them off the start screen but then I'd lose the convenience which is the whole point of them being there in the first place :)

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by rgv521
Originally Posted by Ma Rio
Aha! I have no idea why I didn't try that! Then again that's what these forums are for, to figure out these 'aha moments'. Thank you.

At least that's one of the main culprits down. I could leave them off the start screen but then I'd lose the convenience which is the whole point of them being there in the first place :)

As far as having the OneNote tile be transparent, there is an app I use called "Start Perfect" that has a workaround for creating the main OneNote notebook to be transparent. Individual notes pinned to the start screen will still be non-transparent, but the main page for OneNote will be transparent. It is a payed app, though. I think it's worth it. It allows for several other apps to be pinned to the start screen as transparent tiles too.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Photos app can be done if you don't have any favourites and going into settings and making live tile display favourites.

I put in a twitter app using cool tiles on my start screen here. There's others I would want but unfortunately MS is so concerned with developers submitting apps that they don't put any restrictions on them and are causing a mess of great features. Not only that they don't follow their own standards. It's chaotic really.

There's many apps that do this though. Most of them are windows 8.1 apps but the links work for basic stuff. Though a lot of newer UWP apps aren't in the lists due to these apps never being updated anymore. My twitter one is on the left hand side. I wish there was an app that also made a transparent file for Line messenger. Right now I just don't keep it pinned and only go into it when i receive messages by tapping them in action center.

wp_ss_20160628_0003.jpg

BrunoMG

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Basically you just have to resize all your tiles to the smallest ones and drag them to the left/top
It will leave a central area with no tiles

BrunoMG

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Here's mine

spd1XXk.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa