Not a Question, But Windows Phone 10 needs an option to overclock.

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Ever since the release of the Lumia 950 and 950 XL, I've always wondered about overclocking on Windows Phone. I don't think a lot of windows phone users will use this but, for the hackers, Modder's, (Mobile) Gamers, Enthusiasts, Developers, Whoever; I think overclocking would be a great thing for windows phone. Especially for the new 950 and 950 XL, with the Snapdragon 808-810, bigger battery, and liquid cooling; this could make the new phones a bit more awesome. :) this could improve the performance of windows phone 10 greatly, especially for continuum, apps, games, loading times, ETC. This could also reduce or stop those annoying loading or resuming screens. (Especially with the buggy builds happening right now.) I think overclocking will push the 950's hardware a bit harder, with support from the liquid cooling system.

Though, all of this would be great for the 950, This feature (Overclocking) would need to be on older phones like the Lumia 1520, 1020, 930, 920, (Most high ends and some low ends) but also phones like the HTC One M8. (what I have)

Microsoft needs to implement this feature in a build soon!

The way for someone to access it in my opinion is to... Switch the phone to dev mode, Shut the phone off and power it back on, Hold some buttons (Combinations) to which a UEFI interface will pop up and change it from there. (Maybe some other settings) Note: I guess there would be some warnings regarding damaging your device and warranty crap.

That's all I have to say for now, but whoever would like to add on or whatever, feel free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes