Not able to update notifications or update my status on the Me tile

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Since yesterday my phone stopped pulling new notifications on the Me tile. I also noticed that I updated my status from the Me tile but nothing actually posted when I checked the WP7 or web version of Twitter and FB. I'm in the US using AT&T (Focus).

Anyone else experiencing problems with FB or Twitter notifications on the Me tile?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just updated my FB status and it showed up in my me tile. Just checked with ie9 and it updated as well.

Reboot maybe?

n0nsense

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got the same problem here. I'm using HTC HD7 with latest firmware. Reboot of smartphone and reset to factory settings didn't help.

Hope somebody can help me... this "me-tile-bug" is getting more and more annoying =(

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I get the same problem from time to time. I've yet to figure out why it doesn't work all the time. Today, it wasn't working and I didn't do anything. Tried again about a hour or so later, and it worked just fine.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me once a while back, and then it just started working again a few days later.

Probably some server somewhere fallen over.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
99% of the time your phone is fine and its just a Server being switched over or updated. Just need to be patient. And remember one Server does not serve anybody, so it will be hit and miss. After 48 hours, you might actually have a problem. Hope you are not talking National Security on FB or Twitter. Then I guess it would be really important.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If it is a server problem. MS should add more servers. Be patient seems like ****ty way to resolve the issue. Especially since they are pushing the Facebook/Twitter integration as a main selling point of WP7.

PhilB33

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Never worked

I've never been able to update my Twitter status from the Me Tile. On my HD7 or my Radar 4G, never works on either one. Facebook is fine, Twitter never works. I can reply to other tweets, but if im just updating my own status, nope. So, I have to use a separate twitter client to do so. I would much rather do it all in one place, thats the whole point of Windows Phone. For me it just doesnt work and it never did.

Extremely disappointing. Anybody else have this issue? I've tried everything.

mrmprince

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
A little odd on my end...my Me Tile updates w/ gives me notifications but after i've read all my notifications, they remain on the Me Tile and they won't go away...it's misleading cuz it seems like i have new notifications when i really don't...tried rebooting but no luck...anyone ever experienced this before?

mrmprince

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Strange...when I get new notifications, it just adds to the one it first got stuck there..now it just shows the accumulated # of notifications :S

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Wow, not sure why this old thread of mine was dug up. Interestingly I've been having Me tile notification problems over the last few days so maybe you guys are, too.

Chowdah72

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Happening to me as well. Wish I saw this prior to creating a new thread, but I was in a hurry.

Does not clear notifications at all. Does not clear with new notifications, just does the same repeating thing with the new notification.

Any fixes?

mrmprince

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
It started working again this afternoon! :D didn't really do anything and it just started working again...maybe it's something on Microsoft's end?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny