Not being able to close apps

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It happend to me a few times. Twice on IE and once with an app (cannot remember its name). The problem is that I couldn't close the app/IE with the back button, because it didn't react.
Has anyone encountered this before? I closed the app/IE by opening more than 8 apps (lol).

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Keep on clicking rapidly on the back button till it reacts.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Back button close for IE doesn't work if you've got plenty of browsing done. It only takes you back. Remember we don't have forward and back buttons on the IE10 browser? For IE, tap ..., then tabs, then close tabs by hitting X and now hit back.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Back button close for IE doesn't work if you've got plenty of browsing done. It only takes you back. Remember we don't have forward and back buttons on the IE10 browser? For IE, tap ..., then tabs, then close tabs by hitting X and now hit back.
I know that, but it didn't even go to the previous page either.

John D II

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have had this happen several times on my 822. Mostly on busy webpages, but a few times with an app open. Spamming the back button doesn't close it. I have found that hitting the home button and then holding down the back button to show open windows, then trying to open the locked up window will immediately close it every time.

John D II

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Its not about multitasking here. Its about 9 times out of ten, hitting back will close you back to the home screen, but the tenth time it locks up and does nothing. The window is no longer usable. You must go back to home with windows key to get back, then the window closes upon trying to use it again (via holding back button and clicking on the locked up window).

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^yep. Not about multitasking. This is just another bug that needs to be squashed. If anyone can consistently reproduce it, report it to MS.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
oh ok, sorry I missed the point. In those cases, I close it via the Windows Button and open it with its icon, it starts new and I can close it normally then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb