Not many app updates lately?

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or are there fewer app updates last month? Before this, every day when I checked for updates there were at least two updates. Now none or sometimes one or two.
Maybe it was because many apps updated for wp8.1 and now they are taking a break. Or is this a negative trend? Apps like Weave that once were booming are now dead as ****.
And ever since Microsoft bought Nokia there are way fewer updates for all the system parts like display, touch and everything else. Negative trend? Or have these system parts reached their max?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think it depends on which apps you're using. I typically get 2-3 updates every day. I'll notice, since I have the apps automatically update, and I'll see it in action center when I check my notifications.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or are there fewer app updates last month? Before this, every day when I checked for updates there were at least two updates. Now none or sometimes one or two.
Maybe it was because many apps updated for wp8.1 and now they are taking a break. Or is this a negative trend? Apps like Weave that once were booming are now dead as ****.
And ever since Microsoft bought Nokia there are way fewer updates for all the system parts like display, touch and everything else. Negative trend? Or have these system parts reached their max?
I've had at least 20 updates this week...

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes recently the app update has slowed down a bit. I have a huge list of apps installed and earlier on I used to get a lot of updates. But since a month I get only a few app updates as compared to earlier. I had also noticed this but never bothered to make a post about it. :smile:

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes recently the app update has slowed down a bit. I have a huge list of apps installed and earlier on I used to get a lot of updates. But since a month I get only a few app updates as compared to earlier. I had also noticed this but never bothered to make a post about it. :smile:

Hehe yes so I'm not the only one

mccririck

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I tend to get at least 2 a day still. Some apps hardly ever update though, and some updates don't offer much improvement at all - some just seem to add ads!

mccririck

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Actually recently there have definitely been less updates for me. It's disappointing as it would help raise the profile of Windows Phone if apps were improved and updated more.

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
In fact the last two weeks have been big in updates on my phone, among others my mobile banking app was brought on par with the one on iOS and Android. Then there was WhatsApp, Skype, ProShot, Tapatalk... apps I use every day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)