Not satiated by the Activision Blizzard, Xbox wants to buy Nintendo too

OpeOpeOpe

Sep 19, 2023
Visit site
There's no "hopefully" as far as I'm concerned. They should be laughed out of the room again. They can argue all they want that the ABK takeover isn't anti-competitive, but an acquisition of Nintendo absolutely is, and I don't support it.

Junry

Sep 22, 2023
Visit site
There's no "hopefully" as far as I'm concerned. They should be laughed out of the room again. They can argue all they want that the ABK takeover isn't anti-competitive, but an acquisition of Nintendo absolutely is, and I don't support it.
Microsoft is all American. They might do business around the world but they are American first and foremost and they know and show that often.
I support them buying Nintendo.
Nintendo or Sony would not hesitate to shut them down the first chance they got.
Look at the fit over starfield and Xbox having any exclusive games. All I seen for months was Microsoft should not have any exclusive games it isn't fair.

But Sony and Nintendo have Dozens and a larger market share.

Not cool. Microsoft go crazy In my opinion do what you want to survive.

OpeOpeOpe

Sep 19, 2023
Visit site
Microsoft is all American. They might do business around the world but they are American first and foremost and they know and show that often.
I support them buying Nintendo.
Nintendo or Sony would not hesitate to shut them down the first chance they got.
Look at the fit over starfield and Xbox having any exclusive games. All I seen for months was Microsoft should not have any exclusive games it isn't fair.

But Sony and Nintendo have Dozens and a larger market share.

Not cool. Microsoft go crazy In my opinion do what you want to survive.
I genuinely don't know what you mean about them being American. Not sure how that fits into your point other "Murica" but that's nothing.

Microsoft's current net worth is $2.38 TRILLION. They just experienced an over 26% increase in net worth since last year. They're not in any danger of not "surviving."

Buying out a direct major competitor, as opposed to their vertical merger with ABK (maybe), isn't going to help us - the consumers - one iota. It also isn't going to fly with regulators or our court system.

That's not to say they don't create good products. They wouldn't be worth what they are without massive market share. But that doesn't mean they should own everything. Other people, other companies, with other cultural bases and management have good ideas too. They don't deserve to just be gobbled up and lose their uniqueness.

Nintendo needs to stay Nintendo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital