NuAns Neo 2 Teased...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not much, but it is a start. Seems more to come at MWC 2017.

NuAns Neo 2 teased ahead of February 20 reveal | Windows Central

nuans-neo-feb-20.jpg

"Everything is new. All in one."

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I didn't even know about the previous version, actually what it makes me think is this could be a Qualcomm Win10 device (hopefully) let see what it is about really.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Would it be naive to think it will be running Nougat? I know nothing about them except they were disappointed in how their W10M device went.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know that they are disappointed in their sales per se...

Last July, Ad Duplex had them as the #4 Windows handset in Japan, ahead of Vaio or even the tried and true Lumia 640. That made them the #1 Continuum handset in Japan. Ahead of Vaio and leading out before the release of Mouse Computer's Madosma Q601, both of which are in the exact same class of SD 617 powered units. Also spots 1-3 are all value phones, so they were the go to Mid-Level "Flag" for Japan.

adduplex-windows-phone-device-statistics-report-11-638.jpg

My take on it is that they are disappointed in the "fans" of Windows Mobile. After being the darling of MWC 2016 and earning lots of press coverage to bolster their appeal, the crowd fund effort to generate enough capital to go international failed quite spectacularly.

I'm sorely disappointed in the result and I don't own the thing.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't know that they are disappointed in their sales per se...

Last July, Ad Duplex had them as the #4 Windows handset in Japan, ahead of Vaio or even the tried and true Lumia 640. That made them the #1 Continuum handset in Japan. Ahead of Vaio and leading out before the release of Mouse Computer's Madosma Q601, both of which are in the exact same class of SD 617 powered units. Also spots 1-3 are all value phones, so they were the go to Mid-Level "Flag" for Japan.

https://image.slidesharecdn.com/wps...ce-statistics-report-11-638.jpg?cb=1469110318

My take on it is that they are disappointed in the "fans" of Windows Mobile. After being the darling of MWC 2016 and earning lots of press coverage to bolster their appeal, the crowd fund effort to generate enough capital to go international failed quite spectacularly.

I'm sorely disappointed in the result and I don't own the thing.

Ok. Thanks for clearing the air for me.

So the crowd fund failed...but the original device succeeded in Japan. The crowd fund device if it was the same one would have not gained traction because of carrier support in other countries, correct? Or was this an international model?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It would have been the same device... Except the crowd funding was to pay for or subsidize the huge cost of certifying in the target countries. They would have tuned the radio appropriately.
US tuned radio features LTE Bands 2, 4, 5, 12 and 17. Euro tuned has LTE Bands 1, 3, 7 and 20.

Price may also have been a factor. The SD 617, 2GB RAM, 16MB internal storage, 13MP rear camera, 3350 mAh battery, Type-C phone was retailing around $400 USD. People say that is too much, but I don't think they take into account how these small makers cannot match the parts discounts of a Samsung or Apple. Also the crowd fund pledges had plenty of slots for getting the phone for much less...
Pledge $30 to receive any one Two Tone or Flip case of your choice.

Pledge $250 to receive one Neo Core and one case (Two Tone or Flip of your choice). Limited to 5 backers.

Pledge $270 to receive one Neo Core and one case (Two Tone or Flip of your choice). Limited to 1,000 backers.

Pledge $325 to receive one Neo Core and one case (Two Tone or Flip of your choice). Limited to 1,000 backers.

Pledge $380 to receive one Neo Core and one case (Two Tone or Flip of your choice). No limit to the number of allowed backers.

Pledge $650 to receive two Neo Cores and two cases (Two Tone or Flip of your choice). No limit to the number of allowed backers.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The crowd fund fail is a bummer. Yet nobody outside of Japan would have wanted it if they cannot really use it outside of Japan. Maybe they will gain traction and make a come back.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It was going to have the correct radio for the countries in which it would have been offered...
ok gotcha. After I wrote the above, I thought about it and yes I see where if they met the goal they would configure and ship them...thanks once again for clearing the air.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep... Eagerly Awaited Windows Phone Is Actually an Android

Disappointed, yet not surprised.

Way to go, "fans" you kvetched another one into the grave. Why are we as a user group so determined to point out how new offerings are "not good enough" for us? The Crowd Funding fiasco killed this. I get so frustrated. Phones, Apps, anything really. The cry goes up time and again from the WP masses that "I won't pay that amount."

TNSTAAFL

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Way to go, "fans" you kvetched another one into the grave. Why are we as a user group so determined to point out how new offerings are "not good enough" for us? The Crowd Funding fiasco killed this. I get so frustrated. Phones, Apps, anything really. The cry goes up time and again from the WP masses that "I won't pay that amount."

TNSTAAFL
Because the "fans" really think Lumias are coming back as low to mid range and the Surface Unicorn 🦄 is swinging down off its vine to rescue Windows Mobile. Yes, the x3 is unaffordable for most and not a good value for the money in general. But the Idol and Primo are flagships in their own right so I guess they are not worthy of wearing the Microsoft label. If the Cerulean fails to carry Glance and a PureView camera it will meet the same fate.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That nuans will struggle. At 440 you can get a op3t at higher bang for your buck. Yet the nuans is unique. Only thing it has going for it....

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

TNSTAAFL
Personally that device never appealed to me. Start up companies have to be very wise but also willing to take chances to eventually make it. It took OnePlus 3 years and they are just now taking off...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That nuans will struggle. At 440 you can get a op3t at higher bang for your buck. Yet the nuans is unique. Only thing it has going for it....

In a sea of lookalikes, unique might just be the ticket. It's not my style but it does grab your attention.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro