NuAns Neo Kickstarter is LIVE

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Posting here to work around the filter

Kickstarter Project Update #4: NuAns NEO Windows 10 Mobile by NuAns
Hi Fans,
We wanted to share with you some media quotes about NuAns NEO!

• "...it seems like one of the more original Windows Phone handsets thanks to its unique design. If you're interested in this customizable Windows Phone then you'll need to back the Kickstarter campaign to secure one."-THE VERGE

• ?Unlike many other 3rd party Windows 10 Mobile handsets the Nuans Neo is a truly unique handset, featuring a unique design with its own style, but also specs powerful enough to power Continuum for phones.?-MSPoweruser

• "You can choose from various finishes, like wood, suede... The device itself has a five-inch 720p screen, 2GB of RAM and a 1.5GHz octacore Snapdragon 617. Plus, it's capable of running Microsoft's Continuum feature, which turns it into a tiny computer."- engadget

• "This kind of innovation?and to be clear, rethinking how a phone works is both innovative and very much in keeping with the original goals of Windows phone?should be reworded. And I would personally have no problem throwing $400 at them if I thought this thing had any chance of succeeding. (Actually, you can get in for as little as $250 right now.)"-Thurrott

• ?3 Reasons to Support the Nuans NEO Windows 10 Kickstarter Campaign...1. NuAns Neo Specs..2. NEO's Design..3. Windows 10 NEO Price...?-iTech Post

• ?The NuAns Neo is a unique smartphone thanks to its Twotone swappable covers? -NationalDailyPress

• ?Nuans NEO is a unique Windows 10 mobile phone?-PhoneDog

• ?The unique two-toned NuAns NEO brought a new sense of zen to Windows 10 Mobile? -pocketnow

• ?Originally released in Japan in December, the NuAns Neo is one of the more unique-looking phones in recent memory?-DIGITAL TRENDS
Thank you for all of your support!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious why NuAns needs to raise funds to launch a phone that already exists. I would think that since the phone is already manufactured and being sold, it shouldn't be that difficult to launch it in other countries. Is NuAns so small that $725,000 is an insurmountable amount for them? That should be pocket change for most manufacturers.

Kickstarters are often done by very small companies or even a person or two who have an idea. In this case the phone already exists and is being sold, and they're trying to sell it outside the launch country.

I'm sure there's a good reason; I would just be interested in hearing it. Maybe there's something else that could be done besides contributing funds.

Either way, it is disappointing the way the campaign went. I thought there might be better support. I think NuAns will have to do something distinguished with the NEO more than a 2-tone cover.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb