Office 2016 released - for Mac

NeoDerGrosse

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
The guys at Microsoft finaly lost their minds completly. They released Office 2016 for Mac while we loyal Microsoft users don't even have a release date. (See ZDNet, I can't yet post links.)

After the shutdown of some MSN Apps this is the next kick in the teeth for Windows users. Microsoft is constantly focusing on bringing their apps to other platforms instead of concentrateing on Windows. Till now they did this in the mobile sections where at least you could say they do it because of the graeter number of potentioal customers. But now they are doing it for the desktop and laptop market as well, allthough the market share of OSX is not very relevant. Ar least not yet but it seams like Microsoft is trying to change that.

anon(4178953)

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
This is nothing to get worked up about. The new Mac version released just brings the software's capabilities to the current capabilities available in the Windows version (and not completely). It's more like a "catch-up" release, and the new Mac version is not better than the existing Windows version.

The Mac version is STILL inferior to the Windows version.

NeoDerGrosse

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I didn't know that, thanks. But it's still a dump behaviour because I guess I'm not the only one being confused by that. Even the artikels I read all talked about the missing release date for Windows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon