Office on 640XL - OneDrive free?

BlueOwl245

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I have not yet used my free install of Office on my Lumia 640 XL phone.
As I will not use my phone for business, I really at best, only need to write short letters now and again. In fact, I could use some simple alternative to Wordpad if there is one for Windows Phone 8.1?

Anyway, my question here is: Does Office save anything automatically to the Cloud / OneDrive? (Or can I exclusively choose where Word documents are saved to, inc any draft copies?)
Alternatively, I could ask: Is it possible to prevent Office EVER saving any data to the cloud / One Drive?

BO245.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have not yet used my free install of Office on my Lumia 640 XL phone.
As I will not use my phone for business, I really at best, only need to write short letters now and again. In fact, I could use some simple alternative to Wordpad if there is one for Windows Phone 8.1?

Anyway, my question here is: Does Office save anything automatically to the Cloud / OneDrive? (Or can I exclusively choose where Word documents are saved to, inc any draft copies?)
Alternatively, I could ask: Is it possible to prevent Office EVER saving any data to the cloud / One Drive?

BO245.
You can choose where Office saves the documents. Also, the free Office Applies to laptops aa well. If you don't want it at least offer it to someone who needs it

BlueOwl245

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
You can choose where Office saves the documents. Also, the free Office Applies to laptops aa well. If you don't want it at least offer it to someone who needs it

You have not answered my questions.
Also, I paid for and purchased my copy of Office as part of my phone. Why should I give it away to someone else, and why would I want to? Don't you understand the first law of commerce?

DoyouFanBoyBro

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey BlueOwl,

Well you did not need to buy a copy of office 365, all of these new devices give you a "copy" of it for free.

Allow me to change my wording for a moment now though, Office is no longer a "Copy" of the software or "license" it's a subscription based model.

So what they "free gift" does is it gives you a year for free.. heck of a deal really.

Yes with office apps you can make them not "AUTO SAVE" to the cloud. Not sure why you would want that though.. trust me your data is safe (with Microsoft at least it is) In terms of LOSING your data in the cloud from a data center going down? impossible.. it's replicated to other data centers in other regions, so you'll never lose it. it's consider a what.. %99.7 SLA I believe - So yes your data is safe.

It's also fun and will make your life easier.. working on a doc on your phone then fast switching to a tablet or PC and picking back up where you left off.

~Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs