[Official] Initial thoughts on Developer Preview of WP8.1

Myles Dugen

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I have to say the only thing i like is the swipe keyboard but overall i am not finding it as good as i thought i would.
SDCARD access has been broken, the kids corner password problems still haven't been fixed (what complete retard though using the main account password as the password for kids corner was a clever idea?) i am finding it warming up and losing battery a lot quicker, the xbox app is not as good, the swipe keyboard does not learn as you type for some strange reason,it constantly fails to learn the word SWIPE no matter how careful i am. IE11 makes it almost impossible to navigate text boxes like the one i am typing in now so frustrating to do anything!

I am tempted to go back to windows phone 8 and i have been a windows mobile user since 2002.......

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Well now Bing for 8.1 has lost most of the useful Vision features like barcode scanner what is the point of it? Really dumb decision Microsoft, removing features to make a struggling OS less useful, well done!

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Final word on this as I really can't be bothered with WP anymore. I used to really like it because of the cool features, ease of use and neat integration of Hubs. Loosing all of these for a few dubious 'improvements' is just not worth it. Here are a couple of links were others spell out the downgrading process of Microsoft Windows Phone with every new release for anyone who has not seen them.
Link: Windows Phone 8.1 Brings Unwelcome Changes | Windows Live space
Link: Upgrading from Windows Phone 8 to Windows Phone 8.1? Here’s what you’ll miss | Pocketnow

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Final word on this as I really can't be bothered with WP anymore. I used to really like it because of the cool features, ease of use and neat integration of Hubs. Loosing all of these for a few dubious 'improvements' is just not worth it. Here are a couple of links were others spell out the downgrading process of Microsoft Windows Phone with every new release for anyone who has not seen them.
Link: Windows Phone 8.1 Brings Unwelcome Changes | Windows Live space
Link: Upgrading from Windows Phone 8 to Windows Phone 8.1? Here’s what you’ll miss | Pocketnow

Yeah... thanks for the links to stories from 4 months ago that are irrelevant. :eek:rly:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria