(Official) Lumia 900 bugs list [New Firmware]

renisans

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Windows Live ID password disconnect

Hi,

I updated my Lumia 900 yesterday with the firmware. Since buying it, I've had no problems; in fact, I've fallen in love very quickly with it.

Today was the first hiccup. I tried to buy some apps, and for some reason, my live.com ID and my password weren't being accepted by the server.

I'm certain I type it my ID and password correctly - a number of time. No go.

The error message I keep getting is:

"There is a problem with your Live ID. Try again, or sign in with a different Windows Live ID."

I tried going through IE at account.live.com, as was suggested at another site, and it sort of got me through, but I ended up with that above message again.

I'm about to just create a new ID, but was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. :confused:

earle36

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
My 4g icon is now here, still no mms, visual voicemail or data. Tried son, no luck. The update didn't do diddly for me.

Not sure if you contacted AT&T yet, but I was missing the same three when I upgraded. I did the upgrade online through the at&t website and they didn't carry over the data / text plan. When I called them the reapplied the plans and set up visual voice mail and all was well.

earle36

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Bing popping up on its own then phone freezes. Had this since day one even now after firmware. Windows TalkMe activates on its own then phone freezes! Very irritating!!!!

Went to stores several times to get a replacement. Out of stock. No news of shipment. Now I am considering jumping back to Android. Too much hassle going on here!!! @_@ I love this phone so much but my defective model drains away the pleasure of using it.

I have also experienced this pre/post update. Not very often but still very annoying. I'm sure it will get fixed though!

Oldmajor

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Im having a **** of a time with the back button. I was an HTC Arrive owner so I have experience with the OS. For some reason when I tap the back button it acts as if I long press, this is becoming a nagging problem that is happening more and more. Anyone have a fix for this?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
well this sucks. I didn't have any connectivity problems with my phone before the update. Now, most of my text messages come back and I can't make any calls.

sayamachiharu

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Im having a **** of a time with the back button. I was an HTC Arrive owner so I have experience with the OS. For some reason when I tap the back button it acts as if I long press, this is becoming a nagging problem that is happening more and more. Anyone have a fix for this?
Same as mine. Only that mine acts as a long press even when not pressing anything. Only God knows why.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hang in there ..
you will love the phone, its too bad its all out of stock, did you call sourounding ATT Stores?

Bing popping up on its own then phone freezes. Had this since day one even now after firmware. Windows TalkMe activates on its own then phone freezes! Very irritating!!!!

Went to stores several times to get a replacement. Out of stock. No news of shipment. Now I am considering jumping back to Android. Too much hassle going on here!!! @_@ I love this phone so much but my defective model drains away the pleasure of using it.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
try going to live.com and logging on as the account that you setup on the phone
if it lets you log on... than go to windowsphone.com and try using your live id again and purchasing an app from there, it will send the app to your phone over the air.
mark

Hi,

I updated my Lumia 900 yesterday with the firmware. Since buying it, I've had no problems; in fact, I've fallen in love very quickly with it.

Today was the first hiccup. I tried to buy some apps, and for some reason, my live.com ID and my password weren't being accepted by the server.

"There is a problem with your Live ID. Try again, or sign in with a different Windows Live ID."

I tried going through IE at account.live.com, as was suggested at another site, and it sort of got me through, but I ended up with that above message again.

I'm about to just create a new ID, but was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. :confused:

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that too sometimes when I hit the back button it will act as a long press..
I'm wondering if its somekind of defect or the contact is too touchey
its not a huge deal for me it do notice this issue ..
this also might be the same problem people are having with bing poping up without touching anything .. to senstive buttons.?

Jomon

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I have the same issue and I finally noticed something today. This only happens when playing games. Can you check your phone and see if you can get it to occur when playing a game? I can get mine to do this everytime by playing a game.

jvward

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Voice search and Bing search pop up the time. I didn't see this pre update, but post update its going on all the time. its pretty much making alot of the functions on the phone unuseable especially playing games.

I already have a replacement coming from Amazon but I have to wait 3 weeks they said. :[

The weird part is it will be fine for a while then start doing it non stop for a minute or two. It was so bad I rebooted the phone once and when it came back up it immediately launched voice search. I have been using wp7 for a while with my vzw trophy and this was supposed to be the flashy device I got to get people to use wp7!!! Anyway yeah.

brademcee#WN

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have this problem too. What happens if you try when your connected via Wifi? I found the problem goes away if i am connected via Wifi.

dtshin

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Patched Nokia Lumia 900 losing LTE connection (only 4G)

I have a Nokia Lumia 900 that has been patched/updated to the new firmware update. (Firmware revision 2175.1002.8112.1204)

After losing data connectivity (going into the subway, going into an elevator) and then re-establishing connectivity, my phone will only connect to 4G; it will not establish LTE connectivity. Even turning on and off the airplane mode, it only establishes in 4G. Only a power cycle will have the phone re-connect to LTE.

I've also run a speed test (with app BandWidth) to confirm that I'm getting 4G (4.65 Mbps) connection instead of LTE (8.60 Mbps).

Is anyone else experiencing this?

earle36

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Voice search and Bing search pop up the time. I didn't see this pre update, but post update its going on all the time. its pretty much making alot of the functions on the phone unuseable especially playing games.

I already have a replacement coming from Amazon but I have to wait 3 weeks they said. :[

The weird part is it will be fine for a while then start doing it non stop for a minute or two. It was so bad I rebooted the phone once and when it came back up it immediately launched voice search. I have been using wp7 for a while with my vzw trophy and this was supposed to be the flashy device I got to get people to use wp7!!! Anyway yeah.

Ugh - getting this too - more frequently. Hope Nokia has something in the works...

jvward

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Ugh - getting this too - more frequently. Hope Nokia has something in the works...

It comes and goes if they could say they know about it and were fixing it regardless of how long it takes I would be ok. But when it keeps happening its really annoying :[

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I noticed yesterday that sometimes internet explorer will have the menu bar completely whited out and there would be no functionality of the soft buttons. A long press of the back button and selecting the same page would restore the menu bar. Really weird. The previous issue of the volume and camera buttons not working on the standby is gone with the update. I also encountered a slowness after awhile of not rebooting. But that could be due to my 70 tiles on the start screen (I'm a live tile freak, :p), which could also be harming my battery life. Its as bad as my OG focus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers