Official Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

marksu

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Can't record video anymore in Nokia Camera app after updating to GDR1 on my Lumia 930. It does work in the MIcrosoft Camera app... Tried re-installing the app but no luck. Anyone else had this issue and/or found a solution?

Video recording works perfectly on my Lumia 930 with GDR1 and Nokia camera

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know why with WP8.0, UK keyboard had a .co.uk button, but now with WP8.1 and Update 1, the UK keyboard only has a .com button ?

Do you know you can still get .co.uk by holding your finger on that button? It just seems to be the default display that's changed. Can't say I mind too much personally as I seem to use .com more often

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you know you can still get .co.uk by holding your finger on that button? It just seems to be the default display that's changed. Can't say I mind too much personally as I seem to use .com more often

No I didn't know that, thanks, shame there's no way to change the default back to .co.uk

Thanks for that though :)

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
After update my Lumia 1520 turns hot after a few minutes of use (whats app, line, facebook, no games) and the performance now is really poor including the battery life. Any solution?? i think is a bug in the update =(

Factory Unlocked Lumia 1520 C. V. Hong Kong W. O. Cyan update

First try a soft reset. Maybe even several soft resets.
If that doesn't work, open Battery Saver, Usage, and see which apps are eating battery. If there's just one or a few, uninstall/reinstall.
If that doesn't work, hard reset. Sometimes restore from backup is okay, other times you need to reinstall everything from scratch.
If all else fails, use the Nokia Recovery Tool to reset to WP 8.0 and start over.

Yes, everything after soft reset is a pain. You have my sympathies. Good luck!

eXtermia

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 1020 (64GB version) Loses RAPID charge Capability on 8.1 Update 1 While running Black Firmware

I updated my Lumia 1020 (telephonica 64GB version) to WP 8.1 update 1 went without a hitch even it took longer than I thought it would.

Previously on Nokia Black with 8.1 developers preview installed.
It just happens that previously a week before I had purchased an in-line Voltage /Amp meter for USB. I have special Charging only cables (10 of them that i also had just purchased) that are set for Charging only as well normal USB 2 cables. Using both Power IQ chargers and Original Chargers before the update I was able to maintain about 940 MA charging on the normal USB 2.0 and about 1002 MA with the charging only cables from easeacc.

Now comes the bad news ever since WP 8.1 Update 1
no matter the charge level no matter the cable I can only get a charge of 440-450 MA :crying: :crying:

enroh_mada

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Just finished updating my 1520.3 here in Canada and working very well. Granted I don't and won't use App Corner but everything works perfectly. All my apps reinstalled excellently. Only fault was having to reinstall Lock Live Screen Beta. Not seeing any issues I have seen in this thread.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Live tile for store is of no use. Microsoft should work on battery issue & other known issues instead of adding such useless features
Nokia Lumia 925 India

Daniel Murcia

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I have a 625 with cyan have a week to be using it two days ago for provar PFD install the update 1 system and had many incomvenientes but the apps are closed or not open I have to open them like 2 times to access the shop she takes too long to open it for locking will take a long update for bug fixes or touches expected to leave the final vercion?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
OK - noticed a potential issue, today.

Lumia 1520 w Cyan & WinPhone 8.1 update 1 Dev Preview - when on a conference call (on speaker) glance screen kept coming on ... don't know if I missed a setting, or ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254