Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Recorded videos don't play
Guess back to start screen when trying to share photos or videos
Just resumes randomly in apps and takes me back to the start screen

Pengfei

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 925 China Unicom version (RM-910) runs rather slow on 8.1 update 1 (without cyan firmware).
Games like subway surfers are lag, while they ran smoothly on 8.1 preview version.
I can also feel lag on start screen with live folders, though I'm not sure the new live folder feature relates to the sensible lag.
Is there anyone facing the same issue?

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree. Microsoft should fix the dozens of major bugs and defects like fixing the Cyan Dev Prev. bitlocker block and restore some of the previous features, like Bing Vision Barcode R.eader for example, before introducing trivial Tile updates, Apps Corner etc.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I may be binary illiterate, but I had expected to have a fix by now. I don't have access to Nokia Care Suite, so eager for an official fix.

pluizebol

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Here is what I finaly did on Friday, Aug 8 in order to solve my problems with WP8.1 - Cyan - GDR1 (Update 1 preview) :
1.I used the "Nokia Software Recovery Tool" on my Windows 7 Desktop PC.
2.And I did a restore WITHOUT recovery of the backup that I made with my phone (making sure that Preview for Developers was NOT installed).
3.(Yes I had to re-install all my apps and settings afterwards but it was worth the effort).
4.My phone returned to WP8.0
5.I did several phone updates and I finally got WP8.1 + Cyan back.
6.I installed all my apps (EXCEPT Preview for Developers) from scratch and did all my settings from scratch (Quite a job indeed, but it was worth it).
7.I made a backup of my phone (see also point 11 hereafter).
8.Now I installed (and subscribed) Preview for Developers again.
9.I did a check for updates.
10.And I got WP8.1 + Update 1 (GDR1) while Cyan remained in place.
11.(Remember that I still have a backup of my phone without Preview for Developers in case I might need it if I want to do a new re-install after MS screwed things up again). Now my phone is really up to date.

I just wanted to let you know how I solved my problems with WP8.1 - Cyan - GDR1 (update 1).

lucasexmachina

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia 1020 and got Cyan update yesterday. Everything is working, except the fact that I'm not able to create live folders. I tried a hard reset and did not helped. Anyone?

MedGeek

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
After wp8.1 update 1 on my 920 , many apps have becm buggy...first it was WhatsApp. It wasnt opening so i reinstalled it... Now its nokia camera... Crashing again n again... Any1 else facing this kind of problem

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia 1020 and got Cyan update yesterday. Everything is working, except the fact that I'm not able to create live folders. I tried a hard reset and did not helped. Anyone?

Cyan has no live folders by itself, you'll need to install DP8.1 GDR1 using preview for developers app to get live folders.

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Had updated my 1520 to 8.1. Told you guys about phone getting heated and giving less battery backup.Tried everything reinstalled apps....soft resets...hard resets and back to 8.1 update but low battery backup and heat doesnt go away.
I talked to a Nokia Sevice Center guy i know and he told me there are few issues with it which they will fix probably. He told me to roll bavk to wp 8.1 With Cyan. I must say with 8.1 and cyan my battery backup has increased to 35 hours from 18/20.Phone doesnt go hot much. Nokia guy i talked to said much heating can reduce the life of phone and since 1520 is a expensive hanset its advised to be on Prod update and wait for next Prod updates. I am never goin back to dev preview updates now.

xankazo

May 12, 2013
Visit site
WP 8.1 Update 1 for Developers Preview has been very buggy on my Lumia 620. Most apps feel laggy and so does the start screen and even worse if I have a background wallpaper. Cyan hasn't been released for my phone so maybe this is what it needs? The phone has crashed and rebooted on its own 3 times now (it has never EVER happened before!). I have hard reseted (reinstalled) the OS twice without restoring backups and nothing has helped. Its battery life has also decreased considerably and it tends to get hot. Maybe we'll have to see some updates to U1 before getting mainstream release. Something this buggy can hurt Windows Phone reputation. Windows Phone is know for being a solid trouble-free OS.

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Although the update went smoothly on my 520, and the phone works just fine, there's one curious bug I see in Storage sense. I have 0 bytes of temporary files, but I have between 200 and 300 MB of the infamous 'other' on the phone and 100-200 MB of the same on the SD card. Deleting the (supposedly) nonexistent temporary files brings down the size of 'other' a little, but unlike before, it never goes to zero.
I don't plan to do a hard reset over this, so you can skip that piece of advice, I just want to ask if someone else saw this on their phone.

Daniel Mikel

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Finally I have given up waiting for ..06 error to be fixed for my Lumia 925 updating to WP 8.1 Update 1.
So I took an extra backup + copied out my media files in phone and used Nokia SRT and loaded new FW. Surprisingly enough it was already WP 8.1 with Cyan FW and latest updates. So then installed only Preview for developers, enabled and updated to WP 8.1 Update 1, factory reset the phone and restored from backup. Works like a charm now, "only" about two hours of those updates and reboots and then one for all the apps to be reinstalled automatically and further one one hours for app configuring. So have wasted 4 hours of my life in total which is not so bad :) Hopefully app developers start to use backing up app configs to OneDrive also.

Wielbladek

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I successfully installed GDR1 on both L920 and L625. There are random reboots on 920, but not on L625. Along with reboots, battery indicator change values randomly from -20% to +10%. This developer preview really need some stability fix. Otherwise it would be just fine (overall battery performance is improved, games got few extra fps. Especially IE improvements impressed me a lot).

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I successfully installed GDR1 on both L920 and L625. There are random reboots on 920, but not on L625. Along with reboots, battery indicator change values randomly from -20% to +10%. This developer preview really need some stability fix. Otherwise it would be just fine (overall battery performance is improved, games got few extra fps. Especially IE improvements impressed me a lot).
I own an l920 with wp8.1 and update one with none of these issues. You might try a soft reset. Or if you are using the new live lock screen app beta you might try uninstalling it. The app caused freeze up issues on my phone.

Neil Katz

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Here Drive plus crashes when started. Has happened for the past two days. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Still crashing. Phone fully up to date with GDR 1. Lumia 635 on T-Mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria