Oh no!!! The damn triangle (roaming) is back with W8.1!!

Jajador

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
:(

I'm using a virtual operator and I was happy with my country variant firmware (Spain/operator ONO/carrier Movistar) but... BE CAREFUL!!! If you upgrade to Windows 8.1 the roaming issues will return and it will be necessary to reconfigure your settings to allow the phone to connect to the network in roaming mode...

Very bad work, Microsoft... why you have updated the roaming configuration file? People having Lumias will not be able to modify manually this file and will need to wait again to our corresponding country variant firmware. buuuuh!

(By the way: somebody has solved these problemns with the roaming? Is it possible to modify the XML containing the roaming information for virtual carriers?)

Jajador

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok... I suppose that the problem is the file oemcustomization.xml. It could have been updated by Microsoft and my country variant customization has been replaced. Do you know if exists some way to change this file?

I will return to the latest official Black update to maintain this functionality. I do not want to maintain the roaming data enabled all times... This functionality is a must for me. I have been waiting since a long time ago to receive the WP8.1 update, and I am removing it in a few hours..... what a pity!..... buaaahh!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb