Ok, this was unusual...

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
So I was rolling in the local Best Buy earlier this evening, buying a new Win8 laptop (ended up picking up a sweet HP Envy, very cool machine). Of course it was a mess in the store with the holidays, luckily I had my red Lumia 920 to keep me company while I waited in line.

What was odd.. was not just 1... not 2.. but 3 people, one of which was someone that worked at Best Buy, not only asked me, "Hey is that the new Lumia 920?" but emphatically stated it was, "An awesome phone" and they were "Most definitely going to get one".

I have had a few questions when I had my L900 out, but nothing on this level. The clerk at the checkout even asked to hold it a moment to check it out, and he was sold then and there. "Wow.. the screen is just.. wow...." Interestingly enough, the main reason he asked to hold it was in his words, "Can I hold it a second? We don't even have a display unit yet"

And then, to my surprise after leaving the store, I see a huge billboard for Verizon adverting the 8X... That's the first Verizon one I have seen, I saw 2 AT&T ones earlier in the week. One for the L920 and the other for the 8x

If nothing else, somehow the word is getting out about them.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i like seeing posts about these kinds of stories. brings some light to the board when there's already alot of gloom around. thank you for posting your experience.

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Over the past 3 weeks while watching football on Sunday I've seen a windows phone commercial from either Verizon or Microsoft probably every 3-4 breaks not to mention all of the surface commercials. The word is definitely getting out. Strangely though I have still yet to see a Lumia 920 commercial, the only att adds are those abhorrent iPhone commercials.

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Over the past 3 weeks while watching football on Sunday I've seen a windows phone commercial from either Verizon or Microsoft probably every 3-4 breaks not to mention all of the surface commercials. The word is definitely getting out. Strangely though I have still yet to see a Lumia 920 commercial, the only att adds are those abhorrent iPhone commercials.

You haven't seen the will arnett assistant commercial?

NickyNichols

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I see 920 commercials all the time. They even have SNL alum Will Arnett starring in them. I also saw some with Jessica Alba and Gwen Stefani, I forget if they were for the 920 though.

Jaybotics

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I was at the grocery store earlier today and when I was checking out the lady that helped me commented on my phone and how "cool" it looked. She asked to turn it around to see the front, and she was like "oh yeah! I've seen those on TV."

I'm glad they're making commercials for WP8 devices. I hold my phone out every time I am out at a bar, or a club with some friends because I know someone will ask me what phone I have. :)

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't watch TV so I miss them, but billboards I see a lot of and I have never seen any WP ones until the last couple weeks, which is at least a good start.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
There is a giant billboard outside my window for 8x. Also saw plenty of small billboards around town for Lumia 920. Yesterday was watching Hobbit, theater was packed and they showed Lumia 920 ad with that kid hitting the phone right before the movie. Ads for WP8 are much better than for WP7.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Last week I was in a iphone store with my buddy to get his wet iphone4 fixed/replaced. My buddy has been ragging me forever for not yet getting an iphone (I've been Nokia for years). BTW: I've showered drunk with my Nokia N8 and dropped my N9 in a bucket of water before. A bit glitchy for a while at first but everything settled down and worked fine! :)

Anyways, I was just minding own business texting away on my 920 and this apple rep came up to me and goes

"Ooooo, is that the new windows phone? wow it's really nice, I like the big screen, seems really fast! blah blah..."

and here I'm thinking, hey are you allowed to be talking like that in the Apple store? You're gonna get fired. Lol, my buddy couldn't help but get a kick out of what transpired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise