On my [L730] Lumia Selfie App, why are pictures mirrored?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

[L730] Lumia Selfie App pictures are mirrored

I have a Lumia 730 and when using the Selfie App the image is mirrored. Noticed this when text is anywhere in the picture. I took the same picture with the normal camera app and all is correct.

Anyone else experience this? Will this be fixed?

MUBANASFAR

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: [L730] Lumia Selfie App pictures are mirrored

I have a Lumia 730 and when using the Selfie App the image is mirrored. Noticed this when text is anywhere in the picture. I took the same picture with the normal camera app and all is correct.

Anyone else experience this? Will this be fixed?

All pictures when taken with a front facing camera will appear mirrored after processing.. it is not a software or hardware issue... it is the way the front facing lens take a picture in all devices, be it android or iphone,,,

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Its not a defect. People please we are human beings please don't make yourself look dumb. Sorry I think you just do this to make fun of WP.

I think we're long over the "defect" position... now we were trying to have an informing discussion about why it is the way it is.

Thankfully, you were able to drop in with your non-contributing "charming" / insulting post.

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

For those saying it's like this on all ff cameras, that's not true. My 930 selfies are fine - yes the viewfinder/screen shows it mirrored while taking it, but then it gets flipped and shows the right way round in the photo album.

Rishin Ali

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

Thats not correct. The image is mirrored when showing on screen while taking. But it will be flipped automaticaly after processing. I think Windows forgot to write the flip image algorithm for their selfi app. Thats why it stays mirrored. L730.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb