One small complaint: Capacitive buttons

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
They look like they're lit by a dying incandescent. I won't go get a replacement for something like that but, it's noticeable.

Last edited:

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: One small complaint:. Capacitive buttons

I noticed that too. I have a white one and when the buttons are lit, they so dull compared to the phone itself.

Also, I don't remember this feature on my 920, but when the battery saver kicks in, the buttons don't light up at all.

Lumia Jack

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

Yeah they look like a dim yellowish hue rather than pure white. It's one of the first things I noticed when messing around with the phone, but I actually like it.

I think it's less distracting when watching videos on the phone than the pure white ones, although I really do wish they would implement a way to disable the capacitive buttons back-lighting all together. They should have an option for the button lights to turn off if they or the screen aren't touched for 5-10 seconds, it would make for a much nicer viewing experience.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

They look like they're lit by a dying incandescent. I won't go get a replacement for something like that but, it's noticeable.

Personally if I spot any defect on a new device I get it replaced...due to the odds that the defect will just get worse with time.

That said the buttons on mine are bright. They certainly look better than the ones on my older Lumia 900 that I traded in.

Also, and just a thought...but it could be due to the level of light in the room. I've noticed that the 1520 brights and dims the buttons along with the screen to keep a uniform light level going on.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought this was how Lumias were. When I switched from my HTC Trophy to a Lumia 900, i thought there was something wrong. I believe I even started a thread about it. Looks like they have a yellowish hue instead of the bright white of the HTC.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I thought this was how Lumias were. When I switched from my HTC Trophy to a Lumia 900, i thought there was something wrong. I believe I even started a thread about it. Looks like they have a yellowish hue instead of the bright white of the HTC.

My 920 is better than my 1520. It doesn't bother me enough to dwell on it. I really like the 1520.

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Noticed it here also, It's really the only cheap thing on the phone pretty much. I would rather them get rid of capacitive though and just go to a physical single button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte