Onedrive.com high RAM usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've had this issue for a few months now and it's frustrating me.

Whenever I use the onedrive website to upload pictures, my laptop RAM usage starts increasing steadily until it reaches 90% or more. I have a 8GB core i7 laptop and the browser uses almost 5GB RAM when I'm on the onedrive website uploading photos.

I upload about 500MB at a go which is about 50 pictures. Sometimes I'll upload even more like 2GB

I've used firefox, edge and chrome. All show the same behaviour. Steadily the RAM usage rises until 4-5GB RAM at which I feel the need to shut down the browser

Can anyone give me an idea why this happens? I only have one tab open and this only affects onedrive.com. Using other sites like facebook or youtube will not give this high RAM usage

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This issue is still there and the 2 times I spoke with onedrive technicians, they were unable to assist meaningfully

Anyone else able to replicate this?

vice86

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Same here with no help.

Still testing out things and OneDrive is a major memory hog to the point of having to cancel my sub and use another service.

Uploaded a folder with about 350 files totaling about 850mb to Dropbox and it used about 125mb of memory. Did the same with Google Drive and it used a little less memory.

Uploaded the same folder to OneDrive through 2 web browsers and only about half way through it was already using about 1.2GB of memory. It either ends up crashing the web page or my Windows 10 machine will pop up a low memory warning where I have to reboot because my PC is unresponsive.

Why the heck is OneDrive using so much memory?? I don't want to cancel but I have no choice if I can't just let a large amount of files upload without crashing the page or my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes